Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Federal Affairs
About the job
Position: Director, Federal Affairs
Supervisor: Vice President, Federal Affairs
Status: Full Time
Location: Washington, DC
Reporting to the Vice President, Federal Affairs, the Director, Federal Affairs will assist in the development of Auto Innovators’ federal affairs strategy impacting the automotive industry. The Director, Federal Affairs will also assist in implementing the strategic advocacy plan, assisting with activities that promote, enhance, and protect the organization’s mission. The Director, Federal Affairs will be responsible for contributing to the development of successful engagements with Congress and The Administration to support those member positions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with implementation and integration of the strategic advocacy plan to advance Auto Innovators’ mission; broaden awareness of its priorities; and increase the visibility of its key issues across membership baseline.
- Help develop policy strategy that will allow Auto Innovators’ leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the members of Congress and Administration officials.
- Participate in the development of legislative initiatives affecting Auto Innovators’ and its members. Prepare and present Congressional statements in response to legislative plans.
- Participate with advocacy interactions that help promote and/or impact the organization.
- Exercise judgment to prioritize advocacy opportunities, and plan, organize and supervises federal affairs activities on the legislative front.
- Actively engage, cultivate and manage Capitol Hill relationships to ensure coordinated industry effort on legislative and regulatory issues.
- Assist in the day-to-day management of the Alliance for Automotive Innovation (Auto Innovators) PAC, including member engagement and participation in fund raisers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate skills and comfort in proactively building relationships with the members of Congress and the Administration.
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output.
- Experience in integrating and leveraging technical, communications, legal and related resources in planning and executing legislative and regulatory efforts.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver and results oriented.
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs.
- Excellent and persuasive communicator.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, Board Members and staff.
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical, as well as, strategic thinker.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in Capitol Hill and Executive Branch or related corporate or trade association federal affairs experience.
- Familiarity with House and Senate legislative processes (including Committee and floor procedures) and federal rulemaking.
- Passion for Auto Innovators’ mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Alliance for Automotive Innovation, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on a position.
Email email@example.com for more information on how to apply.
Job posted: 2022-09-19