Director of Federal Government Affairs – Lead Democratic Lobbyist #23901
The Director of Federal Government Affairs will help develop and execute federal government strategies to advance LKQ’s position as a leading distributor of alternative and specialty automotive parts. The Director will work with internal and external stakeholders with a focus on the policies that are shaping the future of mobility and the automotive industry such as consumer access, trade and intellectual property.
Essential Job Duties:
- Federal government relations.
- Grassroots communications.
- PAC management
- Industry/Association relations.
- Regulatory affairs.
- Employee relations.
- Inter/intra office communications.
- Issue management.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- Manage the work of others, including planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing work, ensures quality standards. Responsible for hiring, terminating, training and developing, reviewing performance and administering corrective action for staff
Education & Experience:
- 4-year college degree in political science or related field preferred.
- 7+ years in government and/or professional lobbying experience required.
- Experience working with political action committees
- Implementing policy strategy, identifying risk, and participation in networking organizations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Negotiation and mediation skills; ability to effectively assess and utilize available human resources
- Ability to function calmly and rationally under pressure desired.
- Advanced knowledge of federal government process, after-market industry policies and procedures and advanced communication and public speaking skills desired.
Essential Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Must have the ability to work under conditions of frequent interruptions and be attentive to detail.
- Office environment, requires walking, standing, or sitting for several hours at time.
- Perform repetitive motion tasks on computer.
- May require occasional travel.
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k with Generous Company Match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
- Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-12