Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Federal Government Relations
The Director of Federal Government Affairs is accountable for shaping climate, trade, tax, environmental and other applicable policies which enable Kimberly-Clark’s innovation platforms and key products to be competitive near and long term. You will be responsible for initiating and executing comprehensive strategies around corporate priorities in Washington that will support Kimberly-Clark priorities.
- Responsible for implementing an outreach strategy with Members of the United States Congress and across the Departments and Agencies of the Administration in support of that objectives.
- Monitor and analyze policies, trends and activities in Washington and will be responsible for communicating the business impact to key external and internal stakeholders and shaping legislation through engagement.
- Builds and maintains a strong, ongoing network and coalition with complex governmental and non-governmental stakeholders to align interests and advance Kimberly-Clark objectives in key priority areas including advocating and advancing priority initiatives that address supply chain agility, innovation, resiliency, transparency, workforce development, and support of US manufacturing and operations.
- Build and maintain solid relationships with key decision makers, NGOs, IGOs, local opinion formers and strategic partners.
- Monitor and escalate key sustainability, trade, environmental, climate and other relevant policy developments.
- Craft and implement policy advocacy strategy on the federal level related to a range of issues relevant but not limited to consumer products, packaging and processing industry, packaging waste, and climate.
- Make a step change in raising Kimberly-Clark’s industry’s profile among decision makers and opinion formers.
- Gathers, analyzes, and shares political intelligence findings in support of Kimberly-Clark business objectives and long-term resiliency.
- Participates in internal/external events and is actively engaged on driving key issues.
- Identifies opportunities and supports executive engagement and participation in meetings with Members of Congress, Administration officials, and relevant industry and trade associations.
- Builds and maintains strategic relationships that position Kimberly-Clark as a key trusted advisor to government officials and trade/think tank organizations.
- Contribution to the execution of Kimberly-Clark Government Relations’ long-term strategy and help address and forecast emerging issues that could impact the company’s operations and agility.
- Establish and maintain strong and proactive communications with Congress, Executive and Regulatory Agencies.
- Effectively communicate information and outcomes of these communications to VP Government Relations and relevant internal Kimberly-Clark business leaders and other stakeholders.
- Hold a thorough understanding of the political environment and legislative and regulatory processes.
- Identify, evaluate, and report on emerging issues that could potentially impact Kimberly-Clark and recommend/manage a course of action.
- Adhere to Kimberly-Clark compliance requirements and all applicable government lobbying laws and FCPA commitments.
Kimberly-Clark (K-C) is leading the world in essentials for a better life. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, with nearly 42,000 employees worldwide and operations in 35 countries. Kimberly-Clark’s global brands are sold in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people trust Kimberly-Clark products and the solutions they provide to make their lives better. With well-known family care and personal care brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Andrex, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, Poise and Depend, we hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries.
As a global company, we are committed to cultivating a fair, respectful, and engaging work environment that inspires our diverse global team to thrive professionally and contribute to the communities where we operate. We also have a responsibility to attain a deeper understanding of our impact on the world. Addressing sustainability issues and incorporating solutions through all levels of Kimberly-Clark is a critical component of our business.
In this role, you will report to Vice President, Global Government Relations.
- BA/BS Degree Required
- 7 or more years’ experience in Corporate Government Affairs, Policy, Capitol Hill, or relevant Executive branch experience is required. More than seven years previous experience in a corporate government relation managing the lobbying and federal government relations portfolio is preferred.
- Sophisticated knowledge of corporate engagement with government, understanding of governmental processes and political environments is required.
- Ability to hold a security clearance is preferred.
- Results orientated, self-motivated and must enjoy a challenging fast paced environment.
- Lead and drive complex projects and provide strategic direction.
- Ability to inform political strategy and create new and better ways for function to be successful.
- Ability to analyze policy and advise internal subject matter experts to determine key impacts and provisions.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present to and engage with a wide range of audiences up to and including Executive level.
- Ability to travel domestically when required.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-28