Director, Federal Government Relations
Primary Purpose of the Position: This position is responsible for lobbying Senate Democrats on health care issues.
Serve as representative for BIO and industry, meet with member companies, Members of Congress and staff, work closely with BIO’s Board of Directors, and participate internally and externally in developing and executing BIO’s political initiatives.
- Serve as Senate Democratic lobbyist and, as such, represent BIO and the industry before Congress.
- Serve as lobbyist to Senate Democratic offices for health care issues, including but not limited to: biosimilars; Medicare Part B; Medicare Part D; 340B; drug safety; PDUFA; drug pricing; and FDA reform.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key Democratic members and staff.
- Influence public policy and governmental decision for the benefit of people affected by the biotechnology industry.
- Work closely with the BIO policy departments and member companies so as to better understand BIO legislative priorities.
- Work with SVP FGR to develop political and strategic legislative objectives for health care issues primarily, but also other matters such as biotech issues come up in other committees.
- Responsible for organizing programs to educate Democratic Senators/staff on issues of importance to BIO.
- Represent BIO in public, private and professional forums addressing issues regarding the biotechnology industry.
Strong communication skills.
Ability to handle fast paced, high stress environments Strong knowledge of the Federal legislative process. Understanding of pharmaceutical and biotechnology issues.
Bachelor’s Degree; Masters Preferred
10+ years’ experience working on the Hill and/or working in government relations in a health policy-related field
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-19