Director – Federal Government Relations (Republicans)
Working with the Government Relations team, design and execute implementation of corporate public policy, at the Federal level, through lobbying, coalition building, political engagement, and thought leadership. Serve as company liaison to, and fosters relationships with, Republican members of Congress, staff, and relevant industry groups to promote company interests.
- Work with colleagues to lead and direct complex government relations public policy campaigns;
- Build and/or maintain positive relationships with Republican Members of Congress, staff and influencers;
- Work with the Executive Director of Public Affairs to build relationships with Republican third parties and develop Republican thought leadership programing;
- Manage the Republican money in the PAC and represent the company at fundraisers, including weekend PAC trips;
- Day-to-day management of Republican external consultants;
- Analyze proposed legislative and regulatory actions to determine potential risk and opportunity to the company;
- Key focus areas will be tax policy, tax administration, financial services, FinTech, consumer privacy, data security and labor relations.
- Engage directly with company business leaders, including the CEO and General Counsel, to design and execute public policy.
- Undergraduate degree;
- Minimum 6-10+ years of legislative, political and/or lobbying experience;
- People and issue management experience with demonstrated skills in risk assessment, strategic planning, negotiation, and influence;
- Successful multi-tasker experienced working with tight deadlines and competing demands;
- Willingness and ability to travel and to maintain a flexible work schedule;
- Ability to translate complex public policy into business strategy;
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Exceptional listening skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization from executives to staff; and
- Strong presentation skills necessary to communicate and influence a wide range of audiences.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-05-01