Director, Federal Legislative and Political Affairs
As directed by the Senior Vice President, Government Affairs, the Director, Federal Legislative and Political Affairs serves as NAR’s liaison with members of Congress and their staffs, and with coalitions, to further NAR’s federal legislative agenda and goals.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop professional relationships with Members, staff and the Executive Branch and political party officials that yield NAR legislative support, timely access, political and legislative intelligence, high profile and legislative/political support.
- Work with political field representatives to maximize the effectiveness of NAR’s grassroots and RPAC activities, in order to favorably impact the outcome of federal legislative/political initiatives. Develop and manage proactive legislative and political strategy to accomplish federal policy objectives on priority issues within assigned issue area (tax, environment, housing, real estate finance and business).
- Provide strategic and legislative updates to key audiences when Senior Vice President, Government Affairs and Chief Lobbyist is not available.
- Other duties, as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 10 years of related congressional or public policy advocacy experience and leadership; demonstrated track record of working in a bipartisan fashion
- Ability to maintain, strengthen, and develop strong professional relationships with members of Congress and their staff
- Demonstrated ability to develop, adapt, and manage short & long-term plans and strategies to create value
- Exceptional communication skills—verbal, written, and presentation
- Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills with a high level of response to all inquiries
- Ability to travel up to 20%
The National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) is a team of professionals dedicated to providing world-class service to over 1 million REALTORS® working in the United States and around the world. The real estate industry is fast-paced and fast-changing–each year, our members participate in the sale, lease, and management of billions of dollars in real estate. As in every industry, our members’ value proposition is constantly being challenged by innovation.
Our Most Successful Employees Are Committed To
It is our mission to help REALTORS® navigate that change and thrive in their careers. We cannot do that without the ideas, passion, and commitment from our talented employees. As our greatest assets, employees are offered their pick of competitive benefits/perks and flexible work options.
Thinking in unique and independent ways
Helping others to think for themselves
Helping others to grow and develop
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-01-05