Director Federal Policy & Government Affairs
We are partnered with an American transportation network and real-time ridesharing comspany who are looking for a Director of Federal Policy & Government Affairs based in Washington, DC.
The company is on the cutting edge of mobility and they are building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around.
As , Director you will work with the VP of Policy & Government Affairs to develop and execute an impactful and comprehensive government relations and “thought leadership” strategy at the federal level.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Proactively initiate and cultivate relationships with federal policymakers and their staffs, ensuring the company’s policy stances are known
- Draft official written material: op-eds, blog posts, policy proposals, comments on regulations, formal correspondence, etc.
- Effectively represent the company and their vision for the improvement of cities to the broader political and policy community
- Manage public policy firm and consultant engagements on targeted projects
- Work effectively within formal and informal industry coalitions, and otherwise develop industry contacts, to advance areas of common interest
- Represent the company at policy conferences and other forums
- 10-15 years’ relevant experience
- A strategic thinker and day-to-day executor who can juggle several issues at once; you’re able to effectively consider and solve both short and long-term problems
- Execution-oriented; a self-starter who takes action and achieves tangible results
- A natural at public affairs; an excellent communicator with demonstrated writing, editing, and speaking skills
- You thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a high level of responsibility
- You have a strong ability to articulate strategic objectives and have a deep knowledge of government and politics;
- In policy or geographic areas that are new to you, you can quickly get up to speed, identify the key issues, and quickly develop and execute a strategy;
- Have extensive experience managing relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Have significant experience in government, policy, and political affairs
PLEASE NOTE WE ARE AN APPROVED VENDOR FOR THIS ROLE
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to
respond to every submission.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-06