Director- Federal Regulatory Affairs
What You’ll Be Doing…
Verizon is seeking an experienced and talented regulatory professional or attorney to join its Federal Regulatory & Legal Affairs group. The group’s primary practice areas include federal regulatory and legislative matters and related litigation for all Verizon business units. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Working with the business and policy teams to develop and advocate positions that advance company’s interest before the FCC and other federal and state regulators. This will involve developing and handling complex technical and economic issues.
- Advocating the company’s positions in proceedings before the Federal Communications Commission and other federal regulators.
- Managing a docket of rulemakings and other regulatory proceedings addressing matters of interest to Verizon.
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with external stakeholders, including at trade groups, within regulatory bodies, and at other third parties.
- Developing strategy for accomplishing regulatory objectives, and preparing for, managing, and conducting regulatory proceedings.
- Providing regulatory support to legislative team in advocating on legislation with potential impact on Verizon’s businesses.
- Assisting in the formulation of business and regulatory solutions to problems that expose the company to risk.
- Providing counseling to various business groups to eliminate, or comply with, regulatory obligations.
What We’re Looking For…
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters degree preferred
- Excellent academic record
- 8+ years of work experience related to public policy, with experience in state or federal government or at a top tier law firm or company beneficial
- Excellent writing and oral advocacy skills
- Regulatory experience (particularly with FCC) a plus
- Legal experience a plus
- Ability to understand and handle complex technical and economic issues
- Experience dealing with decision makers and third-party constituencies
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Job posted: 2019-03-14