Director of Field Programs
The Herald Group is looking for a highly motivated, career-oriented individual with strong knowledge of issue advocacy, public affairs and strategic communications. The candidate should possess excellent interpersonal skills as well as exceptional writing and verbal communication ability. Director candidates should be team players and able to handle multiple tasks and accounts at the same time. Strategy development as it relates to public policy is required. In this role, strong existing relationships with field teams across multiple states are expected. Thorough knowledge of external field organization expertise, skill sets and past successes is required.
The Herald Group is a full service, bipartisan public affairs firm in Washington, DC, that provides strategic communications counsel to major corporations, trade associations and other organizations seeking to advance public policy positions in federal and state legislative arenas. We provide a fast-paced, energetic work environment, and this position will have daily interaction with senior staff and clients. This is a full time, paid position.
- 4-8 years of public policy communications experience managing or directing field teams and programs. Agency experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of grassroots and grasstops field campaigns, while managing the profitability and functions of field team engagement.
- Possess strong organizational skills and ability to manage detailed reporting, including budget trackers and influencer targeting lists.
- Ability to communicate and problem solve with field teams, create productive working relationships with field networks and lead field team calls on behalf of client projects.
Assignments may include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement grassroots and localized communications strategies to further business and/or policy objectives.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with THG’s nationwide network of field operatives and function as a point of contact from a business perspective.
- Manage multi-state and/or multi-market campaigns on behalf of a number of clients; acting as a liaison between the THG account team and field teams.
- Provide strategic and tactical direction to field teams and manage teams on a day-to-day basis.
- Recruit and mobilize new field operatives.
- Coordinate field-specific billing with accounting department and oversee internal financials of field projects.
- Proactively seek field-specific new business opportunities for new and existing clients.
The Herald Group presents unique opportunities for advancement of innovative professionals seeking to excel in a growing, fast-paced environment. For more information on The Herald Group please visit our website at www.theheraldgroup.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com, and may be asked to submit a writing sample or complete a writing test.
Job posted: 2019-08-19