Director, Financial Fairness Advocacy
Company name: Consumer Reports, Inc.
Position Title: Director, Financial Fairness Advocacy
Who We Are
Founded in 1936, CR has a mission to create a fair and just marketplace for all. Widely known for our rigorous research and testing of products and services, we also survey millions of consumers each year, report extensively on marketplace issues, and advocate for consumer rights and protections around safety, digital rights, financial fairness, and sustainability. CR is independent and nonprofit.
As Director, Financial Fairness Advocacy, you will lead Consumer Reports’ advocacy efforts to realize a fair and just marketplace in which consumers’ financial wellbeing is supported through safe and transparent financial products and services.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure accountability in the marketplace and engage consumers to lift up their voices.
- Share responsibility for developing and delivering strategies and implementation plans on Financial Fairness priority initiatives across CR.
- Advance the strategic and tactical work across multiple internal divisions.
- Help identify and use research and data needed to better understand consumer needs and the marketplace, and use the scientific evidence generated by CR’s survey research, testing, investigations and policy analysis to identify critical gaps and weaknesses affecting consumers’ financial well-being that can be addressed through marketplace change.
- Manage a team of Financial Fairness advocates and analysts to deliver on organizational goals for marketplace change including overseeing budget and operations.
- Lead efforts to refine and deliver the arguments that make a powerful case for a more fair and just financial marketplace and show the relevance of CR’s work to current events and trends. Partner with other CR experts to represent the organization at events, before Congress and/or media.
- Conceive and author, and present materials–cases for support, summary reports on the impact of CR’s work, and other communications.
- Partner with CR’s fundraisers and others to support the engagement of funders and donors to secure major investments in support of this work.
What We Need To See
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of experience leading people and/or projects.
- 5+ years of senior leadership experience leading strategic decision making initiatives.
- Consumer financial marketplace subject matter expertise.
- Experience with federal and/or state policymaking.
- A successful track record of influencing fair and just financial marketplace outcomes.
What We’d Love To See
- Master’s or JD degree preferred.
- A strategic leader with strong political acumen, communication and interpersonal skills.
- You understand the scale, nuance, market players, consumer behaviors, and political discourse surrounding the issues.
- Experience building and working with community-driven leadership.
- An appreciation and understanding of the consumer movement and its potential impact on issues including corporate and state power and economic and social inequality.
- Strong ability to forge solid working relationships with colleagues across a matrixed organization.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent communications skills required including the ability to translate complex ideas into understandable written and oral statements for different audiences.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/da7P4eTVLpO7C47ES2kEL
Location: Washington, Dist. Columbia United States, 20009
Job posted: 2021-09-28