Director of Foundation and Government Relations
Position Overview: The Director of Foundation and Government Relations manages all aspects of private and government grants and contracts for The Children’s Village and its affiliates.
The position requires a results-driven and dynamic professional to successfully lead the strategy and manage an ambitious foundation and government grant portfolio in collaboration with organization leadership.
Position Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of the foundation and government relations program with a goal of maintaining and growing funding including: review/edit and write targeted selection of proposals, reports, strategy memos, letters, and other compelling fundraising materials, including budgets and financial reports
- Supervision of a Grant Writer and a Contracts Coordinator.
- Works with leadership and program staff to help develop fundraising strategies around emerging organizational projects and priorities as needed.
- Actively monitors government funding opportunities, identifies and recommends RFPs for consideration, prepares briefing documents, and develops government grant proposals for existing and new programs.
- Ensures regular contact and strategic interaction between CV and key foundation leadership.
- Oversees and monitors agency funding contracts, following up with program and finance staff to ensure that funds are being used appropriately, that programs are being carried out as promised, and that the appropriate filings are completed on time.
- Direct and oversee all research and prospecting
- Oversee foundation mailing lists, grants calendar, acknowledgments, and other general correspondence.
- Ensure solid tracking and filing systems both print and electronic.
- Assists as needed with special events, communications materials, volunteer/in-kind corporate engagement strategies, and other development functions.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Superior analytical and writing skills, with talent at translating complex, detailed information into clear and compelling language
- At least five years’ experience in proposal writing, corporate and foundation work, and program development.
- At least three years’ experience managing and preparing government grants.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and an outstanding attention to detail.
- Superior leadership ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to respond productively to direction and feedback, and savvy to work with staff and leadership at all levels
- At least one to two years experience in managing the work and production of others, including direct reports and cross-departmental contributors
- Knowledge of budgeting and basic accounting principles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, relational databases, and government portals.
Organization of Work & Time
Bachelors or better.
3 years: managing and preparing government grants
5 years: proposal writing, corporate and foundation work, and program development.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-30