Director of Global Communications
Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
ABOUT YOU AND THE ROLE
Are you a master of media and storytelling? Do you understand complex political and business dynamics? Can you forge strategies to win hearts and minds? Will you move Heaven and earth to help increase global access to healthcare? Then read on.
Zipline is searching for a Director of Global Communications to lead and coordinate communications strategy for the world’s largest autonomous delivery network, telling the story of how our healthcare logistics system can serve all humans equally and determining how members of our global community internalize and champion our vision to make medical products readily accessible to everyone. The role requires a deep understanding of global media relations, corporate, partnership, public affairs, and crisis communications as well as innovation and impact storytelling.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Develop and lead global communications strategies, including PR/media relations, analyst relations, thought leadership, content, and digital media
- Serve as the go-to communications resource and liaison for global team members and PR agencies in existing markets, including Ghana, Rwanda, and the U.S.
- Serve as Zipline’s primary point of contact and spokesperson for local, national, and international press
- Oversee and manage communications launch plans and execution from start to finish in new markets and regions
- Develop and execute public affairs strategies to win the support of public sector stakeholders around the world and public engagement campaigns designed to educate the communities we serve on the benefits of our work
- Drive clarity, consistency, and discipline in our messaging and enhance Zipline’s reputation with global audiences and constituencies
- Partner with Zipline’s marketing, recruiting and public affairs teams to design and execute strategic cross-functional initiatives to drive Zipline’s mission forward
- Shape Zipline’s narrative around the world at a critical moment for our business and for the public benefits of our healthcare logistics system
- Design our crisis communications playbooks and jump in to support operating teams as challenges arise
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged technology workforce
- Select and manage external PR agencies
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- You are a storyteller, creative thinker and a visionary
- You are a world-class communicator, both written and spoken
- You have significant experience securing strong media coverage and relationships with national and/or international media outlets, as well as significant on the record experience
- You have significant prior experience in institutional communications, ideally within one or more of a public relations firm, a highly-regulated industry, and/or politics
- You thrive writing and synthesizing complex materials and communicating highly technical information in a manner easily understood by broad audiences and constituencies
- You enjoy working with executives and other team members to build the tools to articulate Zipline’s story effectively themselves in interviews and public appearances
- You are organized and efficient with an ability to work independently, prioritize and follow through in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- You are adept at cross-cultural communications, humble enough to recognize what you do not know and find the right advisors, and have the ability to work across borders and timezones
- You have a reputation for credibility, humility, and sound judgment
- You enjoy working with and learning from colleagues across a wide range of cultural, experiential, and professional backgrounds
- You have the grit, resourcefulness, and resilience to thrive in novel, uncertain and constantly-changing business and political environments
- You believe deeply that access matters and that we can and will provide access to essential medical supplies for every person on the planet
WHAT ELSE YOU NEED TO KNOW
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state, federal or local law or our other policies.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-09