Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Global Communications, Citizenship & Sustainability
The Estée Lauder Companies are the global leader in prestige beauty — delighting consumers with transformative products and experiences, inspiring them to express their individual beauty.
Estée Lauder is the flagship brand of The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. Founded by Estée Lauder, the world’s first female entrepreneur, the brand today continues her legacy of creating the most innovative, sophisticated, high-performance skin care and makeup products and iconic fragrances — all infused with a deep understanding of women’s needs and desires. Today Estée Lauder engages with women in over 150 countries around the world and at a variety of touch points, in stores and online. And each of these relationships consistently reflects Estée’s powerful and authentic woman-to-woman point of view.
About Your Responsibilities
The Director will be responsible for the development and execution of integrated communications strategies and programs to support Estée Lauder’s global citizenship and sustainability initiatives. They will strengthen Estée Lauder’s position as a leader in social impact, ID&E and sustainability via strong communications strategies and serve as a key support for regional and local purpose-driven initiatives. The Director will:
- Lead the development and execution of integrated communications strategies for brand purpose-focused projects and guide local markets to activate and generate strong earned media.
- Partner with Product Marketing/Development, Consumer Engagement, Online, Education, regional teams and market Communications leads to ensure consistent and compelling communications messages, strategies and assets are developed
- In partnership with Consumer Engagement, lead the development of the annual EL brand purpose strategy with a focus on women’s advancement, emerging leaders and environmental sustainability with equity as a throughline
- Partner closely with relevant stakeholders – Corporate Affairs, GCCS, ID&E, Equity COE, and GPA to advance EL’s Social Impact and Sustainability commitments
- Develop proactive recommendations for EL and employees in response to world events and crisis in partnership with GPA and GCCS
- Support brand’s charitable giving strategy (Estée Lauder Emerging Leaders Fund initiatives, grants, product donations, employee engagement)
Citizenship & Social Impact
In partnership with Executive Director and VP, the Director will play a key role in the growth of the Estée Lauder Emerging Leaders Fund (ELELF) initiative.
- Develop and lead ongoing storytelling for the ELELF, including communication across touchpoints, press outreach, ambassador engagement/activation and social amplification
- In partnership with Consumer Engagement, lead ongoing global activation of ELELF, managing relationships with Vital Voices and any future NGO partners, managing recruitment and relationships with program participants, developing communications materials, and measuring impact
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Global Consumer Engagement, Social, Promotions, Online, and Retail Experience) on go-to-market strategy for annual ELELF campaigns and 360 cause marketing programs
- Provide guidance and work with cross-functional/corporate teams on approval to regions/markets on local NGO partners and social impact initiatives, ensuring alignment with global ELELF strategy
- Oversee communications for all local affiliate giving programs
- Lead and execute all global ELELF events, including talent management (executives, spokesmodels and brand spokespeople), liaising with relevant internal teams and production agencies, budget management and recap reporting
- Provide recommendations on the grantmaking strategy for the EL Emerging Leaders Fund portfolio and work with GCCS Function to align with process and deliverables needed for the ELC Charitable Foundation
Inclusion, Diversity & Equity
Shape Estée Lauder’s ID&E strategy and lead communication internally and externally to position the brand as a leader in ID&E, under the larger ELC umbrella.
- Serve as brand ID&E Champion, providing strategic counsel and messaging close partnership with HR, cross-functional global brand team and ELC teams.
- Lead the communications and go-to-market strategy development for key global cultural and equity moments, in partnership with key markets where relevant
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to ensure all globally-led programs and executions are aligned to brand’s ID&E strategy, from influencer/talent selection to asset creation
- Oversee grantmaking for ELELF to ensure alignment to brand ID&E strategy
Lead the communications and go-to-market strategy development for sustainability-focused projects for the brand, managing key programs to enable the achievement of the brand’s sustainability goals.
- Serve as the sustainability communications lead for the brand, providing strategic counsel and creating all sustainability-related communications materials in close partnership with cross-functional brand and ELC teams
- Lead ongoing global activation of ISS partnership, managing relationship with ISS, developing communications for both internal and external channels and managing events and executive speaking engagements
- Develop communications strategies and press materials for new relevant launches/updated claims, events, partnerships, and always-on support of brand sustainability initiatives for markets to leverage locally
- Monitor, report and advise on current trends in sustainability, including packaging, ingredients, and climate to ensure the brand remains relevant
- Develop presentations on strategy and results/progress for leadership and cross-functional meetings
- Advise on brand influencer mailers/sendouts to ensure alignment with ELC corporate guidance
- College Degree Required
- 7+ years related work experience in agency or in-house with proven blended PR, influencer, and social media skills
- Prestige/luxury brand experience
- Experience in strategy development and program management of social impact, philanthropic and sustainability programs
- Knowledgeable about building and executing ID&E strategies and communicating them authentically
- Excellent project management skills and experience working on multiple, disparate projects simultaneously
- Collaborative and clear communication skills with the ability to build relationships across levels and teams; interest in building a strong teamwork culture and executing projects to completion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in 360 communication programming development and activation
- Global experience and understanding of cultural nuances
- Experience in working with talent and high-profile executives
- Development and execution of large-scale events
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-14