Director, Global Communications & Public Affairs, J&J Vision Care
J&J Vision part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Director, Global Communications & Public Affairs based in Jacksonville, Florida.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health worldwide. Through our operating companies, we deliver innovation that enables eye care professionals to create better outcomes for patients throughout their lives. In communities with the greatest need, we work in collaboration to expand access to quality eye care, and we are committed to helping people see better, connect better, and live better. Learn more at www.jjvision.com (https://www.jjvision.com/) and follow @JNJVision (https://twitter.com/JNJVision) on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision (https://www.linkedin.com/company/johnson-&-johnson-vision/) on LinkedIn.
J&J Vision Care represents the largest operating company within J&J Vision – with a rich portfolio including the ACUVUE Brand Contact Lenses Megabrand. J&J Vision Care is the overall market leader in the growing contact lens category and generates more than $3 billion in global revenues annually. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in creative global consumer activations, in addition to trade and professional communications.
The Director leads the overall global communications function on behalf of J&J Vision Care. This includes the development and implementation of an integrated global crucial communications plan in support of business objectives.
This role reports directly to the Leader, Global Communications & Public Affairs, CSS, and J&J Vision and is a valued counselor to the Worldwide President, J&J Vision Care, and the overall Leadership team. This is a highly-visible role, as the Director will work in close collaboration with functional colleagues around the world across J&J Vision, J&J Medical Devices, and Johnson & Johnson in addition to partners in Investor Relations, Marketing, Human Resources, Legal, Regulatory, Compliance, Finance, Supply Chain, and more.
This leader must be comfortable working in dynamic, fast-paced environments with multiple internal and external partners to consider. They will need to have the ability to lead through influence and smart rationale versus direct reporting relationships. A successful candidate will also demonstrate a strong executive presence and the ability to thoughtfully advise top executives, comfortably providing alternative points of view.
The position will lead a hardworking in-house team and lead project teams of agency professionals on both an ongoing and as-needed basis. The position is also supported by an amazing team of the region- and country-based communicators, as well as function (i.e. R&D and Supply Chain) and enterprise communicators.
- Lead global communications and public affairs function for J&J Vision Care, working in close collaboration with a franchise, Medical Devices, and overall J&J communications partners.
- Develop and support direct reports, leading all aspects of their professional development, and removing obstacles to enable their success.
- Demonstrate Our Credo values as a leader, and a dedication to driving Diversity & Inclusion across the organization.
- Serve as a day-to-day communications counselor and function liaison for Worldwide President and platform Leadership Team. Sets strategy aligned with business objectives and measures progress and impact.
- Drive platform employee alignment, engagement, and inspiration through initiatives including:
- Year-round executive communications on behalf of Worldwide President and platform Leadership Team, including the roll-out of business plan and regular employee updates on progress.
- Partnering with Employee Engagement Leader to develop and give platform voice to internal communication initiatives to achieve business objectives.
- Increase positive share of voice and improve reputation with key partners on behalf of the platform through the development and execution of an integrated essential communications plan, including:
- Engagement plan for Worldwide President on thought leadership opportunities and platforms (i.e. LinkedIn, Industry Meetings, Community and Giving Events).
- Oversight of year-round global content calendar, including direct-to-consumer and direct-to-customer campaigns, spanning across earned and paid targeted print, broadcast, online, and social media channels.
- Act as a media spokesperson on behalf of a business, as required, and prepare official company statements and spokespeople for media interviews.
- Build excitement for global innovation story for the platform, working in collaboration with R&D communications team members through:
- Surround-sound global communications to internal and external partners start to ensure an understanding of our science and pipeline.
- Sharing information on key data and pipeline achievements via publications and global medical meetings.
- Ensures global alignment to drive uptake for new product launches through:
- Surround-sound communications plan and global playbooks to reach all partners with key messages on the product.
- Drive consumer and professional educational campaigns around disease states or new product features or improvements, as required, in partnership with marketing.
- Protect brand and reputation as a platform lead on issues management and crisis communications, consulting with sector and enterprise leaders, as appropriate.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in communications is required
- Experience working with large, global organizations is required
- Experience running large-scale global communications efforts is required.
- Experience counseling senior level, global executives required
- The ability to measure business impact for public relations programs is required.
- The ability to handle agency partners and lead all aspects of the budget is required.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguous situations and influence is required.
- Experience leading multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment is required.
- Experience with both external communications (i.e. media relations, product communications, branding) and internal communications (i.e. employee engagement, executive communications) is preferred.
- Current or previous experience working in a highly-regulated environment and a demonstrated understanding of regional health authorities is preferred.
- Current or previous experience in healthcare is preferred.
- This position will require up to 20% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Job posted: 2020-07-13