Director, Global Corporate Responsibility – (190001A5)
The Director of Corporate Responsibility is accountable for the development, implementation, and marketing of Corporate Responsibility strategies to advance our mission, community impact, business, brand and reputation goals across the globe. The Director will lead NI’s global sustainability and community impact functions, work cross-functionally with Human Resources on diversity and inclusion programs and employee involvement opportunities, and partner with Legal and Investor Relations teams toamplify our ESG impact.
We are looking for an enthusiastic corporate responsibility (CR) professional to amplify, elevate and manage our CR program including a global budget and giving funds.
- Refines and leads an impactful, global sustainability and responsibility program
- Works closely with senior leadership to harmonize with NI’s brand, core values, corporate strategy and employee involvement programs
- Builds awareness of initiatives through marketing and communication strategies that reach all stakeholders (employees, customers, partners, investors and the community) under a unified message that reflects the passion and impact of the programs
- Serves as main contact and spokesperson on the enterprise’s behalf for CR programs.
- Develops and maintains a productive network of professional relationships with key government, philanthropic, nonprofit and community leaders
- Partners with functions across HR to create meaningful employee involvement opportunities that develop employee skills and share programs with potential and incoming talent.
- Position NI as a thought leader in CR, and drive customer affinity to NI, in areas of diversity,
- Develops metrics and benchmarks for ongoing measurement of driving strategic value
- Leads the publishing of metrics and communicating our impact in a modern and innovative way for our employees, shareholders, customers, prospects, and recruits
- Implements a community investment strategy aligned with the philanthropic goals and objectives of NI and rooted in local context and conditions
- Communicates and influences effectively at all levels – in a format appropriate to the audience
- Influences multiple groups within the organization to ensure goals and objectives are aligned and integrated, working with functional leads to put in place goal-delivering plans. This will entail working and influencing at a high level, including multiple vice presidents, site leaders, and directors across the organization.
- Excellent understanding of responsibility and sustainability concepts, including reporting and transparency, inclusion and diversity and engagement strategies
- Strong knowledge of social and environmental trends. Understanding of those trends relevant to the engineering or STEM is a plus
- Strong collaboration skills to work with key internal business leads, and counsel and influence senior leaders on CR strategies
- Budget management, performance requirements and work plans to achieve CR goals
- Leadership and management to the CR team, with strong emphasis on team building, coaching and developing direct report
- Proven track record of success in leading global CSR programs and demonstrating results
- Ability to influence, collaborate and partner across functions and all levels within a matrix organization
- Ability to lead a team that is both local and virtual
- A healthy sense of humor, positive outlook and an appreciation for STEM
- Strong initiative, interpersonal and team skills
- Strong written/verbal communication, time management, and quantitative/analytical skills
- Experience with external, executive and internal communications as well as project/event management
- Proficient in Office 365 including Sharepoint and Microsoft Teams
- The ability to multi-task and work well under deadline pressure
corporate governance, environmental impact, and philanthropy
- Develop methodology and scorecard reporting structure to help drive accountability for on-going performance against strategic objectives, ensuring a tight link to budget reporting
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 10-15 years of experience in corporate social responsibility (CSR), government relations, as well as multiple facets of communications including executive/employee communications, marketing communications, social and digital media, employee communication, and public relations
- Strong execution of employee giving and corporate signature campaigns
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-17