Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Global Government and Regulatory Affairs
Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
About the Role:
Remitly is looking for an experienced Director of Global Government and Regulatory Affairs to join our fast-growing and fast-paced team! Based in Seattle or Washington, DC, this position will be a key player in developing and implementing Remitly’s government relations and public policy strategies to advance the company’s long term business interests. In tandem with their colleagues in Compliance, Legal and other teams throughout the company, the Director of Global Government and Regulatory Affairs will manage a portfolio of key issue areas throughout the U.S., Canada, and the rest of the world. This position will require some travel commitment and reports to the Executive Vice President and General Counsel.
- Develop and implement Remitly’s government relations and public policy strategies to advance the company’s long term business interests.
- Represent Remitly to all elected officials and government agencies and regulatory bodies, addressing issues relating to money transmission licensing and operations, consumer compliance, blockchain technology and innovation, fintech charters, regulatory capital, financial crimes, payment processing, as well as other issues.
- Assist in drafting and negotiating language for legislation.
- Monitor ongoing regulatory, legislative and compliance efforts to ensure Remitly’s business efforts continue to stay ahead of market developments.
- Represent Remitly in relevant policy and business coalitions to advance advocacy efforts locally, nationally and globally.
- Grow and maintain diverse coalitions in support of policy issues and business priorities.
- Develop and implement strategies to advocate for policies related to Remitly’s business priorities; build support for such strategies with other cross-functional internal teams, coalition partners and other stakeholders.
- 7+ combined years of public policy, regulatory affairs and/or government affairs experience, preferably including experience working at a government/regulatory agency and in the government affairs or regulatory policy team at a payments or financial services company
- Working knowledge in fintech and/or experience in a quickly scaling environment
- Ability to identify a range of policy or regulatory issues and advise within a structured and analytical commercial framework
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with and advising senior executives of an organization
- Demonstrated proficiency in working successfully with regulatory and government personnel
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Skills or aptitude as a connector and relationship builder
- Law, public policy, business, or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- Self starting, self motivated style
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-01-21