Director, Global Government Relations (Cybersecurity & Data Privacy)
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
An excellent career opportunity is currently available for a Director, Global Government Relations (Cybersecurity & Data Privacy) for Honeywell Corporate located in Washington, DC.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Government Relations – Serves as a strategic representative of Honeywell on data/technology policy to stakeholders at the highest levels of global government. This includes the US Government, specifically including leaders within the Executive Office of the President, at the Agencies, within Congress and US State officials. In addition, serves as a strategic representative to foreign officials and embassy personnel. Tracks policy and advocates on Honeywell’s behalf on key issues and pursuits.
Subject Matter Expertise – Develops deep domain expertise in global data/technology policy, including cybersecurity, privacy, IIoT regulations, data localization, AI, 5G, digital trade, cybersecurity in the NDAA and understands impact on Honeywell on all of Honeywell’s businesses. Partners closely with product cyber and privacy leadership to understand needs of the business and how best to navigate the complexity of evolving regulation.
Strategic Pursuits – Develops and lead campaigns for strategic pursuits e.g., Legislation to adopt key IIoT technology standards in US state legislation and in the EU.
Honeywell Connected Enterprise – Work with VP, Global GR HCE and Cybersecurity/ Data Policy, on key HCE business pursuits e.g., regulations impacting the deployment of Honeywell Forge and various connected offerings across all of Honeywell’s businesses.
Internal Reporting to Leadership – Participate in key meetings and report developments to leadership, as needed e.g,. Honeywell Global Data Privacy Governance Council, Cybersecurity leadership team
Strategic Communications – Develops, supports, and executes strategic communications efforts to government, foreign, and industry stakeholders.
Associations – Serves as representative for key associations on data/technology policy e.g., ITI, TechNet, Chamber, NAM, BRT
HIPAC Management – Serves as a board member on the Honeywell International Political Action Committee (HIPAC) oversight and management committee. Serves as an advocate and subject matter expert on HIPAC. Serves as a HIPAC representative internally to Honeywell Connected Enterprise business leaders, and externally to HIPAC recipients (including regularly attending HIPAC events).
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, political science, policy or business.
- 10+ years’ experience working on technology/data policy (e.g., cybersecurity, data privacy) in government, a large corporate setting, an association or a consulting firm.
- Congressional and/or Administration experience and familiarity with cybersecurity standards preferred.
- Postgraduate degrees in law, engineering, business, political science, policy or similar are preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills, as well as ability to provide sound and reliable judgment in complex situations
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong communications, writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to operate in a highly matrixed environment with high standards of excellence in work quality
- Strong project/program management skills
- Ability to set priorities, and the discipline to execute to those priorities
- Self-motivated, dedicated team player with a proactive approach in managing and seeking to continuously improve the function
Applications: Please send resume to Terry.Daughton@Honeywell.com
Job posted: 2021-02-23