Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Global Impact Programs
About the Organization
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world’s premier nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender workplace equality. We partner with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
Since 1996, we have worked with executives, human resources professionals, Employee Resource Groups and individuals to provide leadership and professional development, education, and research to create workplaces free of discrimination. Out & Equal hosts the annual Workplace Summit where employees and experts from around the world gather to share strategies and best practices to create diverse and inclusive workplaces that foster belonging for LGBTQ people around the world.
Title: Director, Global Impact Programs
The Director, Global impact responsible for leading Out & Equal’s global and U.S. regional impact programming. This position also supports resource development, direct consultation with partners, public policy engagement and growing stakeholder networks. Our ideal candidate is a visionary leader with strong nonprofit program management skills, a relationship builder, collaborative partner, skilled public speaker and writer, and persuasive advocate. They liaise with a variety of stakeholders from corporations, non-profit society groups and multilateral organizations. This position is responsible for three fulltime staff members, Program Managers/ Sr Managers of Out & Equal’s regional impact divisions in Latin America (LatAm), Asia Pacific (APAC), and the Southern States Initiative (SSI) within the United States. Further build out of the organization’s Europe Middle East (EMEA) portfolio will fall under the Director and MD-CPPO.
Reports to: Managing Director, Chief Programs and Partnership Officer (MDCPPO)
Essential Job Competencies:
• Program Management: Designs and implements programs that support the organization’s mission, vision, and goals. Coordinates with marketing & communications team to amplify and grow programs. Ensures success of programs through needs assessments, program evaluation, and impact analysis.
• Content Development: Conducts needs assessments prior to the development of new content and materials. Leverages accurate and trusted information. Creates content that meets learning objectives while ensuring strategic alignment with organizational strategy, brand, and editorial norms; Integrates and references other organizational content, programs, and offerings to foster continued engagement.
• Learning Facilitation: Facilitates structured learning online and/or in-person according to learning objectives. Manages time and participation. Leverages audience-appropriate content with principles of adult learning. Creates a safe and engaging learning environment. Integrates and references other organizational content, programs, and offerings to foster continued engagement.
• Community Engagement: Fosters psychologically safe communities of likeminded people through frequent engagement. Facilitates meaningful conversation through demographically-appropriate content and well-moderated discussion. Curates group membership in alignment with organizational goals.
• Cultural Translation: Facilitates the translation or adaptation of materials, learning sessions, events, and other programming in a way that respects and acknowledges cultural differences. Leverages appropriate partners and sources to ensure content meets the needs of various regional or international stakeholders.
• People Management: Delegates according to the position level of direct reports. Oversees the work product through regular meetings. Provides relevant and timely feedback through structured and unstructured performance conversations. Understands and accounts for workloads, ensuring appropriate time management. Supports others to develop and learn, recognizes their achievements, and rewards growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and oversee the whole of the organization’s global and regional impact activities in collaboration with the Managing Director & Chief Program and Partnership Officer (MDCPPO) and other key stakeholders, including resources (linguistically and culturally translated), events, Business Inclusion Councils, and liaison internally with other team leads
• In partnership with the MDCPPO conceptualize and oversee the multiple annual and quarterly global and US forums, both in-person and virtual. Presently these forums related to the Southern U.S. States (“Southern States”, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Latin America (LatAm), with plans to expand to Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) and other regions.
• Engage in high level speaker/stakeholder outreach to build relationships.
• Collaborate closely with Partner Success/Corporate Engagement team to ensure partner commitments are met.
• Oversee the project management for events including: communications, production, agenda development, follow-up, strategy meetings, and other activities as needed.
• Cultivate and grow effective partner relations among the Global Business Inclusion Councils, corporate, government and non-profit partners, and other key stakeholders.
• Act as a thought leader and ambassador to the organization in representing Out & Equal at both internal and external events, domestically and globally, such as ExFo, Summit, external conferences, company events, stakeholder meetings, and the like.
• Thoughtfully develop and curate content for multilingual resources, toolkits, and briefings to strengthen Out & Equals global and regional impact work and increase the organization’s public profile, working in collaboration with the Communications team and external partners.
• Engage in direct consultation with Out & Equal partners on range of LGBTQ+ workforce inclusion topics, including but not limited to: self-identification of LGBTQ+ employees; public policy matters; best practices in benefits equity; supporting trans and nonbinary employees; and, more.
• Coordinates with Partner Success/ Corporate Engagement team to ensure alignment on engagement with top vested partners in the global initiatives portfolio and support recruitment of new partners through collateral, briefings, and events engagement.
• Oversees the GIP Inclusion Councils in collaboration with regional staff.
• Directly supervise a team of staff, largely regional program specialists.
• Other duties as assigned
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics (KSAOs):
• Effective collaborator across teams
• Lifelong learner who is comfortable with independent learning
• Interest in and commitment to using intersectional approaches to promote Out & Equal’s mission of workplace inclusion;
• Detail-oriented and quality-focused
• Experience with LGBTQ issues and communities
• Experience handling sensitive and confidential information
• Adaptive and willing to take on a variety of new assignments
• Ability to successfully prioritize, manage, and execute multiple projects with accuracy
• Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
• Ability to produce results despite changing or ambiguous circumstances
• Office 365
Language(s): English; other languages highly desirable, namely Portuguese, Spanish, French, Hindi, Japanese, and/ or Mandarin.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field; degree may be substituted for an equivalent amount of experience.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 8 years
Location: Remote, DC or San Francisco base preferred.
Exemption Status: Exempt
Position Type: Full-time
Position Level: D1
· Typical hiring range for high cost of living locations (DC/CA/NYC): $92,700 – $123,600
· Typical hiring range for all other locations: $78,795 – 105,060
Required Travel: 20%
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-08-21