Director, Global Internal Communications
The Director of Internal Communication builds drives and implements a communication plan inclusive of executive communications, HR communications, and all major internal communications inclusive of global to regional updates. The Director also manages and provides strategic guidance for messaging of all major internal events. This position works at the epi-center of everything that is going on in the company!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build, manage and implement/execute a comprehensive communications plan for all global teams including executive, HR, marketing, legal, and finance.
- Drive and own individual executive communications and voices across the executive team and also build overarching messaging, and develop speeches and presentations for major events, conferences, and town halls.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to the executive team.
- Take the lead on all headquarters communication.
- Be both a strategist and an operator, managing multiple internal “campaigns” to build awareness around and passion for Benefit.
- Build strong relationships across departments and levels by providing communication guidance and support across the organization.
- Bring a creative, fresh, inspiring perspective to communication across all channels, with a specific emphasis on how to communicate complex business updates.
- Overall accountability for internal “newsroom”.
- Create and implement ongoing metrics, both qualitative and quantitative to measure success of internal communications programs.
- Explore new and innovative channels (video, digital, internal blogs, etc.), streamline current channels with a clear strategy of timing, audience, and content.
- Leverage internal creative partners to create a cohesive and memorable look and feel to communication.
- Individual contributor role with the potential to grow a team.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience: internal communications or public relations; event management a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage internal client relationships, including executive level, in mid-to-large-size organizations
- Outstanding writer and storyteller
- Strong influence, negotiating and command skills
- Superior writing and communications skills with proven ability to “think outside the box” and use communications as an innovative tool to engage people [portfolio required].
- Interest in retail industry, avid reader and in tune with current news cycle and pop culture trends
- Proven success in leading initiatives to nurture a corporate culture and build employee engagement.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, energetic environment
- Embodies the Benefit spirit, and ability to display that spirit through communication
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-18