Director, Global Oncology Communications
The role of Director, Global Communications, Oncology is a unique opportunity to join our Company, a recognized leader in oncology, as a key member of the Global Oncology Communications team. The role is dedicated to managing day-to-day communications related to our Company’s broad oncology portfolio, with a focus on genitourinary (GU), gastrointestinal (GI) and hematologic cancers, and the oncology pipeline. The candidate selected for this role will work under the guidance of the Director, Global Oncology Communications, in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Manage communications activities in support of our Company’s genitourinary (GU), gastrointestinal (GI) and hematologic cancer program; heavy emphasis on milestone communications (regulatory approvals, data releases, medical meeting communications).
- Drive communications planning and execution for our Company’s oncology pipeline.
- Responsible for communication to internal and external audiences in alignment with our Company’s corporate narrative and Global Oncology business strategy while continuously partnering with Global & U.S. Oncology marketing leaders to develop strategic communications aligned with key business priorities.
- Proactively evaluate innovative and creative omni-channel strategies to engage with internal and external stakeholders aligned with key priorities; ensure that the strategies are robust and complementary.
- Develop and conveys strategies, programs and materials for use by our Company’s regions and subsidiaries worldwide; help advise regions and subsidiaries for franchise and product communications issues.
- Serve as a liaison to third party groups (including advocacy organizations) and external experts (including researchers) and to trade and local news media.
- Work directly with public relations agencies and help manage related budgets.
- Potential to manage direct report(s) supporting our Company’s oncology portfolio.
Education Minimum Requirements:
- BA/BS degree required
Required Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in a communications or public relations role within the pharmaceutical or a related industry (hospital, public health, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills across a variety of mediums/channels (e.g., print, digital, presentation).
- Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Team player, collaborative spirit, ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high-visibility role.
- Budget and agency management experience.
- Proven ability to prepare strategic communications plans and deliver at the tactical level.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Oncology experience preferred but not required.
Our Support Functions deliver services and makes recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers’ Policy – Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-12