Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Global Policy
1000 Mylan Inc.
At VIATRIS, we see healthcare not as it is but as it should be. We act courageously and are uniquely positioned to be a source of stability in a world of evolving healthcare needs.
Viatris empowers people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life.
We do so via:
- Access – Providing high quality trusted medicines regardless of geography or circumstance;
- Leadership – Advancing sustainable operations and innovative solutions to improve patient health; and
- Partnership – Leveraging our collective expertise to connect people to products and services.
Every day, we rise to the challenge to make a difference and here’s how the Director, Global Policy role will make an impact:
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Support Viatris’ initiatives to shape global public policy in line with our mission of empowering people worldwide to live healthier at every stage of life.
- Represent Viatris with external stakeholders at international level.
- Lead strategic policy initiatives as thought-partner with department head and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Monitor external policy developments and identify impact opportunities.
- Serve as manager and mentor for Global Policy team members and provide project management support for Global Policy key projects.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required with a specialization in Public Health, International Policy, or Economics preferred. Master’s degree with specialization in Public Health, International Policy, or Economics preferred. Related experience and/or education may be considered.
- Must possess excellent organization, communication and writing skills.
- Six years’ experience with Policy Research & Analysis required.
- Previous experience in Healthcare industry required.
- Experience operating in external stakeholder engagement on public policy topics at international level, either in public or private sector, with excellent understanding of global public policy infrastructure, including UN agencies and other inter-governmental initiatives, is required. Experience with trade agreements or other inter-governmental instruments is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to engage across cultures and geographies is required.
- Experience working with coalitions or other peer initiatives, such as trade associations, is strongly preferred.
- Strong project management skills preferred. Experience managing vendors to execute on consulting work is preferred.
- This role may have remote flexibility, with expectation to be available for US East Coast or Central European Time working hours. Ability to travel for in-person meetings is required, in line with company policies and relevant public health guidelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
At Viatris, we offer competitive salaries, benefits and an inclusive environment where you can use your experiences, perspectives and skills to help make an impact on the lives of others.
Viatris is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-18