Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Global Policy & Government Affairs
JOB DESCRIPTION: Director of Global Policy & Government Affairs
The Director of Global Policy & Government Affairs will work with the Vice President of Global Policy & Government Affairs in representing EnerGeo Alliance members and advocating for the energy geoscience industry around the world. The position reports to the Vice President but is expected to manage and implement member-driven workflows, liaising with EnerGeo consultants and committees, and engaging with legislative entities, regulatory entities, and industry stakeholders in the Alliance’s three operating regions (Asia Pacific, Europe Africa Middle East (EAME), and Americas) to develop and promote informed government policies that advance responsible energy exploration, production, and operations.
Our fast-paced office environment will allow you to learn and grow as you work along-side talented and motivated individuals to represent our global membership who are the gateway to the safe discovery, development, and delivery of mainstay sources of energy, alternative energy, and low-carbon energy solutions. We foster cross-teams collaboration where teams work together to advance the organization’s strategic priorities and everyone’s successes are interlinked. Our close-knit team of high-performing and purpose-driven employees enjoy one another’s company and are challenged to be engaged, share common goals, and together achieve rewarding results.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for developing and executing policy and government affairs strategies, collaborating with executive leadership, and effectively engaging with stakeholders. They enjoy and excel at establishing policy and regulatory strategies, setting clear and achievable deliverables, and creatively engaging with elected officials and regulators to accomplish Alliance objectives.
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Global Policy & Government Affairs
· Support the Vice President in managing the Alliance’s strategic plan directive to maintain members’ freedom to operate in numerous jurisdictions around the world
· Expand the Alliance’s regulatory and policy coverage of alternative energies and low carbon solutions, promoting the irreplaceable role of the energy geoscience industry to enabling exploration and development, including of wind, carbon capture and storage, geothermal, and minerals.
· Research and analyze regulation, policy, and legislation which may affect the energy geoscience industry and EnerGeo Alliance member companies
· Monitor regulatory, legislative and policy activities in the Alliance’s key priority regions
· Update and advise on policy and regulatory proposals and actions, working with executive staff and EnerGeo Alliance members to analyze potential impacts to the energy geoscience industry
· Collaborate with EnerGeo regional consultants on implementing Alliance policy priorities across the globe
· Collaborate with EnerGeo Director of Marine Environment & Biologist on biological and scientific technical input to Alliance policy priorities
· Liaise with members, through committees, for direction on regulatory and policy developments to drive the Alliance’s strategic plan and agenda forward
· Draft and distribute information/regularly update the Alliance’s members through regional, Legal, and Data Licensing committees (including associated workgroups and the Global Policy Workgroup), on policy (regulatory/legislative) actions that impact their operations – responsive to the committees’ remit and action items
· Assist in planning committee meetings including minutes, agendas, and subject matter expertise input on agenda items
· Draft member regulatory tools, briefs, policy updates, and contribute to or initiate comments responsive to regulatory developments
· Liaise and collaborate with energy industry trade organizations around the world to advance the Alliance’s priority policy positions
· Depending on experience and educational background of selected candidate, opportunity to manage outside legal counsel, monitor legal engagement efforts, and assist the Alliance’s strategic litigation direction
Position is based in Houston, TX. Occasional business travel and extended work hours required. The Alliance is currently operating under a 2-3 schedule, 2 days in-office and 3 days remote – with occasional in-office meetings during otherwise remote workdays; this schedule is subject to change.
The ideal candidate must have a bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 2 to 5 years’ experience in government, regulatory, or policy affairs with knowledge of regulatory and legislative processes; a degree in natural resources or wildlife-related field, and/or law degree preferred. Preference will be given to candidates who have a working knowledge of international regulatory and government structures and/or experience in the energy industry or other multi-national or international natural resource industry.
Candidates must possess strong analytical and critical thinking, as well as excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), be goal-driven, and have a self-starter attitude, producing desired results in a timely and proficient manner without supervision. The successful candidate must be capable of excelling in a small, high-performing team and work effectively within all levels of the organization, with strong organizational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances. The position is exposed to time-sensitive and confidential materials that must be handled with tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Founded in 1971, the EnerGeo Alliance is a global trade association for the energy geoscience industry, the intersection where earth science and energy meet. Providing solutions to revolutionize the energy evolution, the EnerGeo Alliance and its member companies span more than 50 countries, representing onshore and offshore survey operators and acquisition companies, energy data and processing providers, energy companies, equipment, and software manufacturers, industry suppliers, service providers, and consultancies. Together, our member companies are the gateway to the safe discovery, development, and delivery of mainstay sources of energy, alternative energy, and low-carbon energy solutions that meet our growing world’s needs.
Through reliable science- and data-based regulatory advocacy, credible resources and expertise, and future-focused leadership, the EnerGeo Alliance continuously works to develop and promote informed government policies that advance responsible energy exploration, production, and operations. As the global energy demand evolves, we believe that all policymakers and energy companies, providing mainstay, alternative, and low-carbon solutions, – should have access to reliable data and analysis to support their forward-moving efforts. Energy Starts Here(R)!
Please submit resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job posted: 2022-04-21