Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Global Product and Brand Communications
Job Description And Responsibilities
Visa is looking for a Director of Global Product & Brand Communications to help bring Visa’s products and brand to life for external audiences. The ideal candidate will join a team of smart, driven communicators who develop the stories that shape ongoing perception of the iconic Visa brand. We are a group that loves to laugh and support each other, while always challenging and encouraging each other to deliver our best work.
As Director, you will conceive, plan and promote key narratives for Visa’s innovation and technology leadership around the world, spreading the word about our new and existing products, services and partnerships. In your day-to-day, you’ll touch on trends like risk & security, digital equity, e-commerce, internet of things, cryptocurrency, the future of retail, urban mobility, financial inclusion, small business product development, tokenization, fintech and fraud. As a global team member, you’ll spend a good amount of time with cross functional colleagues both here in the US and abroad, sharing information, aligning on plans and goals, and moving the communications agenda forward via strong business relationships.
The candidate will:
Help drive both day-to-day communications and high-visibility campaigns in support of priorities across Products, Innovation, Brand and/or Sponsorship.
Operate with a global mindset and work with Visa’s regional communications teams, informing and supporting them on developments relevant across multiple regions.
Conceive of and project manage communications plans, taking ownership of strategy, socialization and tactical execution – as well as outcomes and reporting.
Create and edit a variety of written materials, including but not limited to: press releases, blog posts, paid editorial and case studies.
Have a passion for purpose-led business initiatives, often promoting micro- and small business stories or ways our products contribute to local or global economies.
Have experience turning data/research into storytelling/news opportunities.
Be a creative thinker about how to utilize Visa’s sponsorship platforms to execute high-visibility campaigns that support Visa’s largest business priorities (e.g., NFL, FIFA, Olympics/Paralympics and US Soccer Federation).
Have a digital first mindset and collaborate with the digital content team to leverage social media channels for campaign amplification.
Develop relationships with key influencers and media covering relevant news areas and mine for new opportunities.
Work with partners to manage third-party initiatives and announcements.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
• Your work experience is focused in the area of corporate communicationsPreferred Qualifications:
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• Experience in relevant communications experience, both at an agency and in-house
• Financial technology/payment industry knowledge a must, experience in product or brand comms a must
• You are comfortable taking ownership and driving the team forward on a daily basis – speaks up, volunteers, digs in
• Strong teamwork and relationship-building skills, leads by influence and example
• You demonstrate excellent writing and verbal communications skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills
• Strong planning, organizational, problem solving skills, focused on delivering
• Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment, representing communications team across internal stakeholders, such as: marketing, product, legal, government, sales and technology teams
• Works well in a fast-paced environment while delivering timely, high quality work
• Proactive, with ability to recognize opportunities and manage up
• High-level of professional integrity and confidentiality
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Job posted: 2022-09-12