Director, Global Public Affairs
The Director, Global Public Affairs will partner with the Executive Director, Global Public Affairs to develop and execute the Public Affairs strategy to further advance The Estée Lauder Companies position and business interests in the Americas (North America and Latin America) region. This role will provide counsel and share relevant insights to inform the development of public policy, corporate policy and business strategies. The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial self-starter who can lead initiatives with both substance expertise and project management skills. This role requires understanding of the political, social, and economic landscape of the region.
- Monitor policy trends and developments in the region that are relevant to The Estée Lauder Companies’ business priorities and operations.
- Represent The Estée Lauder Companies with institutional and other external stakeholders.
- Lead and/or contribute to industry discussions and positions in trade associations in which The Estée Lauder Companies is involved.
- Lead analysis and assessment of potential implications of upcoming legislation or policy to identify risks and opportunities to inform the company’s position and actions.
- Proactively inform Senior Management and other department or function leaders of the impact of relevant policy actions and decisions.
- Provide subject matter expertise to internal colleagues in legal, regulatory, communications, citizenship & sustainability, supply chain and R&D.
- Oversee consultant relationships to ensure deliverables are effectively met within agreed upon timeframe and budget.
- 8 years of public relations, public affairs, or communications experience, preferably in government and/or a multi-branded retail company or other industry with high-profile consumer brand.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in public relations, political science, international affairs or communications strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of public policy, legislative, and regulatory processes and environments at both the state and national levels.
- Fluent in both written and conversational English required; fluency in a second language is an advantage.
- Highly analytical, can synthesize information and offer recommendations/solutions.
- Strong communicator with the ability to effectively convey technical information.
- Strategic, independent, self-starter and a team player attitude.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong track record in managing multiple processes and projects through collaborative relationships.
- Excellent writing skills and an ability to produce summaries and briefing memos on quick deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate professional maturity in challenging situations/dynamics.
Job: Communications / Public Relations
Primary Location: Americas-US-NY-New York
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Number: 197647
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company’s policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices. Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview, please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-07-24