Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Global Public Affairs
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Director, Global Public Affairs to join our Global Corporate Affairs group which is part of KPMG International.
- Collaborate with global leaders and key member firms to help map and engage non-client external stakeholders, such as business and trade organizations, professional bodies, multilaterals, NGOs, leading thought leaders, academics, analysts and alliance partners
- Work with member firms to strengthen their own public affairs and public policy positions, leveraging best practice and experience from other parts of the KPMG network / largest eight KPMG firms
- Help ensure a joined up Public Affairs approach / industry voice with key (to be agreed) multilaterals, working closely with member firms and existing global and regional teams
- Take a lead in managing relationships with global and regional think tanks and membership related bodies
- Assist with ensuring that KPMG’s public policy positions inform the decisions of our business leaders on sensitive matters and that the voices of external stakeholders are considered and engaged where necessary in our response
- Support commercial business development opportunities by demonstrating KPMG insight, convening power and original thinking, with particular emphasis on providing a Public Affairs perspective to our flagship go-to-market campaigns and programs; work to embed all our internal geopolitical and issues management protocols into member firm decision-making
- Minimum ten years of recent experience in understanding of public affairs / public policy practices, methodologies and trends, as well as traditional media, digital and social media approaches, gained from experience across multiple geographies
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university
- Strong commercial awareness, resilience, cultural understanding and diplomacy; possess experience in stakeholder identification, outreach, and engagement; proven track record in Public Affairs and the development of Public Policy positions
- Must have great relationship building skills, with an ability to confidently interact with senior leaders across the regions and draw on the experience of others to drive cross-border collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to apply sound judgement to decisions objectively in complex and ambiguous situations; must have a global mindset with constant awareness of cultural sensitivity
- Capability to be creative and to work independently, drawing on other regional and global teams for input and counsel
- Ability and availability to travel internationally, as required / permitted
KPMG complies with all local/state regulations regarding displaying salary ranges. If required, the salary range(s) are displayed via the URL below. The range is specifically for those potential hires who will work in the location(s) listed. Any offered salary is determined based on relevant factors such as applicant’s skills, performance, job responsibilities, prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications and market considerations. In addition, the firm is proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package, with options designed to help you make the best decisions for yourself, your family, and your lifestyle. Our Total Rewards package includes a variety of medical and dental plans, vision coverage, disability and life insurance, 401(k) plans, and a robust suite of personal well-being benefits to support your emotion and mental health. KPMG provides personal days off per fiscal year depending on job classification, standard work hours and years of service. Additionally, each year the firm publishes a calendar of holidays to be observed during the year. Available benefits are based on eligibility.
Follow this link to obtain salary ranges by city:
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm’s compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
KPMG does not currently require partners or employees to be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to KPMG offices, client sites or KPMG events, except when mandated by federal, state or local law. In some circumstances, clients also may require proof of vaccination or testing (e.g., to go to the client site).
Job posted: 2023-08-22