Director Global Public Affairs
- Lead a global and integrated public affairs capability for the company, including driving strategic alliance and third-party Influencer outreach to amplify and help validate the company’s messaging to better position its needs in specific legislative, legal, and regulatory debates.
- Direct third-party outreach and coordinate across Global Corporate Affairs, Legal, the businesses and functional groups’ strategic partnerships, as appropriate. Strong relationships with third parties in the think tank, advocacy and academic spheres of influence are critical.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate integrated policy issue management communications programs to include public affairs, earned and social media, grassroots/grasstops strategy, design and production for policy-related advertising, direct marketing and collateral materials.
- Leverage a strong understanding of Intuit’s strategic corporate affairs outcomes to develop a coordinated One-Intuit global Public Affairs campaign platform externally to help grow the company’s reputation within the global policy and political community and achieve win-win-win outcomes in service to our True North stakeholders and civil society.
- Develop and lead a high-impact, cross functional extended Global Public Affairs team, bringing together leaders from other disciplines in Global Corporate Affairs and with Global Corporate Communications, Legal, SPG, CG, and SBSEG teams. Global Corporate Affairs disciplines include U.S. Government Relations, International Government Relations, Global Public Policy and Regulatory Affairs, US Stakeholder Relations and the Tax Office.
- Foster national and global-level relationship building and management, content development, issues research, and strategic insight into third party activities that enhance Intuit public policy thought leadership, reputation and credibility.
- Work together to help drive and enhance strategic philanthropic projects and related community engagement, including foundational partnerships, tax, and small business philanthropy.
- Help drive overall development of Global Corporate Affairs strategies and resource planning with the Global Corporate Affairs team
- Candidates must have a minimum of 15-20 combined years of experience as a leading public affairs executive with a major corporation, an agency and/or trade association that includes senior-level experience in issue advocacy, policy communications, public affairs and strategic communications, preferably with additional senior experience working in the US Congress, Statehouse, or on political campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree required, masters, MBA or law degree preferred, in relevant field.
- A strong understanding of the legislative and policy issues associated with the Intuit business, including tax, financial services, small business and technology (data, privacy, AI) law and regulation.
- Effectively balances domain expertise & leadership skills to drive impact & results
- Attracts, develops & exports top talent
- Track record of success leading multiple assignments in their craft
- Operates & Makes an impact at the company level
- Role models the culture & shapes the environment
- Demonstrates excellent end to end thinking with multi-disciplinary experience & assignments
- Operates & makes an impact across organizational boundaries and at the industry & policy level
- Operationalizes company strategy, culture, organization & talent
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, effectively analyzing and assessing opportunities and threats, prioritization of focus, analyzing developments
- Capacity and drive to understand fully the business and operational elements of Intuit; including understanding what is mission critical from the trivial.
- Proven people leadership and management skills in a matrixed environment, with strengths in development of talent and organizations.
- Proven leadership skills and executive presence with strong communication and presentation skills.
- Reputation for having the highest ethical standards and integrity.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies To Work For” and Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies” lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It’s time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Job posted: 2019-11-18