Director of Global Public Policy – Healthcare
What you’ll do
The Director of Global Public Policy- Healthcare will oversee and ensure that the legislative and regulatory needs of specifically assigned business units are met by collaborating with other internal departments and directing global policy issues to appropriate and existing global enterprise channels (e.g., Health & Wellness, Pharmacy and Walmart Healthcare Benefits Team).
Additional functions include:
- Leads global public policy development and coordination efforts by working to globalize policy efforts and providing resources and tools for all of Walmart’s government affairs functions (local, state, federal and international markets)
- Collaborates with leadership to develop and execute policy messaging and implement media strategies to drive and enhance company reputation by generating and identifying media opportunities
- Represents company’s regulatory, compliance, and policy positions and initiatives with internal and external groups, including engagement with policymakers to discuss company positions; advancing the company’s position at industry and legislative events
- Drives and oversees the selection and performance of Global Public Policy and Government Relations suppliers and external consultants (for example, policy consultants and third party coalitions, polling and public affairs firms, trade and business associations) by identifying suppliers consistent with current business and political needs; managing the request for proposal (RFP) process
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Political Science, or related field and 5 years experience managing projects or campaigns in politics, public affairs, or related field OR 7 years experience managing projects or campaigns in politics, public affairs, or related field.
- 2 years supervisory experience.
- 3 years corporate experience involving direct media relations, coalition building, or direct lobbying.
- 3 years government relations experience in a Fortune 500 company.
- Juris Doctorate
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability—and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries—all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Apply now: http://wmtcareers.com/slub
Job posted: 2019-01-24