Director of Global Public Policy & Partner Engagement
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald’s means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald’s Global Impact team is aligned around a mission to make McDonald’s one of the most respected, trusted, and admired brands in the world. We will do this through actions to drive responsible business growth, investments to foster community, values-based advocacy, and compelling communications that matter to our customers, our System and our global partners. Read more about our Purpose & Impact here.
The Director of Policy & Partner Engagement leads policy and strategic partner engagement efforts in their areas of Planet and Food Quality and Sourcing by leading efforts to stay apprised of public policy issues externally, developing McDonald’s position on public policy, advising the business on policy issues and carries out external partner engagement strategies in their issue areas to measurably improve relationships with influential external partner individuals and organizations.
In this role, you will:
- Serve as public policy consultant to the entire business, including corporate and markets. Intersects policy and partner work with communications efforts.
- Partner in growing the team’s efforts to provide public policy insight to the company and to coordinate discussions about McDonald’s position on public policy and changes vital to align with public policy/social or cultural changes.
- Contribute to the policy library by developing, cataloging, and sharing policy trend information to the business (corp and markets).
- Proactively engaging key external and internal partners in its policy scans, intelligence gathering and development. In collaboration with cross functional partners, manage large, key external partners that provide impact to the full business.
- Support as needed (GSC, Sustainability, others as needed) in the management of key external stakeholder partners (ex: AHG, WWF).
- Oversee and optimize a mechanism to support other company functions with partner engagement. Coordinate with internal subject matter experts forming relationships that will support shaping internal policy, provide information to the business on external public policy.
- Advise Global Government Relations and Public Policy, Global Impact Leadership and cross functional teams on McDonald’s policies including: how external policies might impact McDonald’s and what public policy might be needed to accelerate McDonald’s business externally and what policy changes are needed internally to accelerate credible change.
- Expertise on relevant policy areas and track developments in the public policy space: Planet (Packaging and Waste and Climate Action), Food Quality and Sourcing (including public health, nutrition, responsible marketing, animal welfare)
- Ability to draft policy products and brief company on trends, concerns
- Ability to formulate recommendations for fact-based internal policy discussions that may be implemented to meet external pressure, while balancing business needs
- Previous experience may include: Government, agency, trade, NGO or think tank experience preferred; Managing a policy function and Managing a team
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact email@example.com
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-26