Director, Global Regions/International Communications
Based out of SC Johnson’s headquarters, in Racine, Wisconsin, the Director of Global Regions Communications is responsible for execution and amplification of corporate communications – both internally and externally – in SC Johnson’s business regions, outside of the United States and Canada.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Global Corporate Communication, the candidate will work as part of, and in close coordination with, the Global Corporate Communication (GCC) group — a matrixed team comprising digital and social media; media relations and issues/crisis management; global employee communication; strategic business communication; and corporate program content development and project management.
This role will entail a variable blend of ownership, and/or collaboration with GCC and/or other global function colleagues, depending on the specific initiative.
The person in this role, in addition to developing and executing plans and content for external and internal audiences, will also provide guidance and counsel to regional business leaders and functions, as and when appropriate, to ensure consistent and coherent communication of company and business group messages that strategically enhance and proactively protect the company’s image and reputation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and/or coordinate regional communications activities, in partnership and collaboration with his/her global communication peers, and alignment with global corporate communication strategies and goals.
- Develop, adapt and execute, plans and content for external and internal audiences, consistent with corporate narrative.
- Counsel and provide collaborative governance to regional leadership and relevant functions (such as regional HR) on regional communication needs.
- Manage and utilize external communication agencies, in region, to support amplification of global PR programs in the regions, working in partnership with global communication peers.
- Partner with global function-heads to provide on-the-ground direction and support, as needed (e.g. in crisis situations, local business acquisitions or divestitures, etc.).
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communication or related field
- 10 years of Global Communications or Public Relations experience in corporate, PR agency or consulting environment
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Highly effective strategic thinker and tactical implementer with a history of delivering results
- Global experience (outside the United States) and a deep understanding of the contemporary media environment in international markets (example: Europe, Asia, Latin America).
- Self-starter, proactive, able to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to work closely with the company’s senior executive team and its business leaders
- A keen sense of business acumen
- Highly collaborative and builds relationships outside and within the organization
- Takes into account other people’s perspectives and culture, in order to build trusting relationships and resolves conflicts
- Ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment, with highest quality and quantitative outputs
- Ability to partner with and get best out of external agency partners
- Maintains composure and high-performance standards in challenging situations
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-06-02