Director of Global Social Media and Community Engagement
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By building cloud infrastructures, customers get the scale and quality of service that modern applications require. Only NetApp can help organizations focus on the business at hand when they develop a zero-touch infrastructure that manages apps, data and services as one integrated resource supporting both public and private clouds.
NetApp’s Corporate Communications Team is seeking a proven leader and expert in organic social media and earned influence who can think big, develop global strategic campaigns and deliver metrics- and data-driven programs that help advance our company story and strengthen our reputation as a global cloud-led, data-centric software company.
Working closely with the rest of the global Corporate Communications Team and our Marketing Team, the candidate will have significant experience in driving earned, shared and owned influence across multiple internal and external audiences. He/she will design and help execute global social media programs that help elevate the profile of the company and its leadership team by increasing our social media presence and our unaided brand awareness among our employees, customers, partners and their influencers at scale while setting benchmarks to measure success.
The candidate will have a proven track record of strategic planning and delivery of measurable results as well as a deep understanding of the evolving social media landscape. This person should have proven management and leadership experience.
The right candidate should be self-motivated, strategic, data-driven, collaborative and customer obsessed.
- Lead, develop and help launch global social media strategies and campaigns that support NetApp’s Corporate Communications objectives, working closely with social media leads in EMEA and APAC countries to ensure alignment and maximize amplification.
- Amplifying our PR team’s efforts
- Driving though leadership efforts across all social media platforms by inserting NetApp into relevant conversations
- Helping build and nurture strong relationships with reporters and other influencers / brand advocates
- Strategically elevating select spokespeople’s social media presence to, indirectly, strengthen our leadership positioning
- Identifying and participating in relevant online communities, online forums, industry groups, etc.
- Finding organic partnership opportunities to strengthen the company’s reputation
- Handling crises
- In partnership with our Influencer Marketing team, design and deploy innovative, best-in-class global thought leadership programs and campaigns that elevate our company’s profile and boost our reputation among third parties such as industry organizations, industry forums, online/social industry influencers, etc.
- Co-own the management of our company blog editorial calendar to boost our SEO efforts and strategically use content to strengthen our thought leadership positioning
- Monitor KPIs regularly to understand effectiveness of strategy and standardize reporting for influencer programs.
- Work closely and collaboratively across business teams to champion social-first ideas and execute global integrated activations, events and strategies.
- Partner with the Event Marketing team and the Social Marketing team to create lasting social media buzz before, during and after key proprietary and external events.
- Partner with our HR team to strategize and execute our employer branding at scale.
- Partner with social platforms to find new opportunities and develop innovative activations.
- Continuously ideate and innovate within the social space.
- Own and oversee budget related to influencer activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Strong project management skills with the ability to supervise multiple projects
- At least 10 years of social media experience, ideally for both B2C and B2B brands
- Combined in-house and agency setting experience a plus
- At least 8 years of experience managing/leading teams
- Deep knowledge of social media management and measurement software (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, HubSpot, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of Google Analytics
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint, and One Drive)
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices
- Experience with technologies and best practices for web design, web production, and creative design across multiple platforms
- Knowledge of Photoshop/Illustrator a plus
- Knowledge of the cloud computing or storage space a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, PR, or related field
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, PR, or related field
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-04