Director, Global Specialty & Primary Care Communication
The Specialty & Primary Care business unit is at a critical junction in its development. GSK is developing an exciting pipeline of specialty and primary care medicines while also supporting its legacy of respiratory expertise and excellence. The Director, Specialty & Primary Care Communications based in the US will be focused on supporting marketed and emerging pipeline assets both in specialty medicines, as the portfolio make up dictates.
The Director, Global Specialty & Primary Care Communications, CGA you will lead the day-to-day management of communications activities, including data and milestones key assets in the GSK Specialty & Primary Care portfolio. You will lead the development and implementation of strategic, integrated communications plans, which are aligned to our business priorities and the overall specialty & primary care business unit and GSK innovation plan. You will also:
- Act as a central point of accountability and oversight for integrated CGA activities related to key specialty assets in the GSK Specialty & Primary Care portfolio, including working with audience focused teams to plan and execute internal and external engagement. Experience working with patient advocacy groups will be helpful.
- Engage, support and provide strategic CGA programs and activities to Local Operating Companies (LOCs) that can be effectively implemented and deliver results which are aligned and help deliver against the overall business strategy.
- Represent CGA as the day-to-day lead for key specialty assets and, as needed, play a leadership role in key projects that help drive success across GSK.
- Oversee the day to day work of other team members supporting specialty assets, and well as public relations agencies.
- Act as a key point of contact for external partners and stakeholders.
- Ensure GSK is delivering ‘best in class’ strategic communications and evolving practices and activities to reflect stakeholder needs.
- Leadership of CGA activities for marketed and pipeline specialty products as well as other emerging assets as part of the specialty & primary care portfolio, including activities to support individual assets and leaders (commercial and R&D) in coordination with audience focused CGA teams (internal comms, corps media and social/digital teams).
- Demonstrate full understanding of the specialty & primary care portfolio strategy and translate that into fully aligned brand plans for specialty products and emerging S&PC assets.
- Help develop and maintain best practices for the Global Specialty & Primary Care communications team.
- Support and manage the Global Specialty & Primary Care communications team (including aligned activities such as, pipeline, PA, GA & MA) and ensure ongoing development.
- Provide direction and guidance to allow prioritization of activities and actions, particularly around key program milestones within CGA and more broadly across GSK.
- Prepare key spokespeople (talking points, Q&A, etc.) to tell the GSK innovation story to external audiences, and position GSK’s Specialty & Primary Care portfolio and activities within this story.
- Providing input and support as needed for asset related media inquiries and/or corporate issues within GSK.
- Ensure all activities are compliant with regulatory, financial and legal requirements and are conducted in accordance GSK codes of conduct, ethics and values.
- Help to manage news flow externally (and internally) to ensure ‘share of voice’, maintain consistency and quality, maximize impact and reduce ‘noise’.
- Comprehensive knowledge of political, NGO and health/regulatory authorities globally.
- Minimum of 10-12 years of communications experience with a minimum of 3 years recent experience working on specialty products in either corporate, product & / or healthcare communications (in-house or agency) experience.
- Experience with a global regulatory and legal environment in general and the affects it has on communications for prescription medicines across US and Europe in particular.
- Experience with existing and emerging digital communication channels.
- Experience with evaluating and measuring communications (data analytics).
- Deep understanding of the external/health care environment and stakeholder landscape.
- Proven track record of excellence in product communications.
- Deep understanding of specialty medicines, other emerging therapy areas including immunology, anti-infectives and the biopharma industry more broadly.
- Previous experience in product communications, internal communications, change management, issues management and media relations, and understanding of investor relations (including disclosure practices). Experience working with patient advocacy groups helpful.
- Strong strategic thinker combined with excellence in tactical implementation.
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise (big picture, global) leadership thinking.
- Dynamic communicator who embraces and adopts new approaches and trends.
- Operates at pace without compromising judgement and attention to detail.
- Cultural awareness and able to work in partnership LOCs.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action – a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-12