Director, Global Stakeholder Advocacy and Public Affairs
About the job
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world’s largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
The Director, Global Stakeholder Advocacy and Public Affairs leads the development and execution of global strategies to build CSL Behring’s leadership profile and impact with key patient and other non-government stakeholders, with a focus on enabling the success of our mid- to late-stage development assets across our Therapeutic Areas of Immunology; Hematology; Transplant; Cardiovascular and Metabolic; and Respiratory.
- Lead analysis of stakeholder landscape in key therapeutic areas relevant to CSL Behring mid- to late-stage pipeline to identify and assess partnership opportunities
- Develop strategies to build CSL Behring profile and impact with key patient and other non-government stakeholders relevant to the success of our portfolio; collaborate with regional and country organizations to implement identified strategies
- Lead process to increase internal cross-functional participation in, and transparency of, CSL Behring activities and relationships with key patient and other non-government stakeholders, to enable strategic alignment, optimization of investments, and tracking of outcomes
- Lead development of external public affairs content to drive CSL Behring leadership and policy and political priorities, and to enable successful advocacy in key geographies
- Lead internal communication strategies to raise organizational awareness of GHPEA and its work, and enhance connectivity to key global and regional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree; J.D. or other relevant advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years’ government affairs experience
- Proven ability in developing and executing strategies to build company profile and impact with patient and other non-government stakeholders in a global environment in collaboration with regional and country teams
- Experience designing and implementing partnerships with patient groups and other non-government stakeholders to drive success of pipeline assets from development through to commercialization
- Experience generating content to support public affairs engagement across multiple channels, including campaigns, advocacy messaging, social media, and policy briefings
- Experience developing internal communications content to increase cross-functional integration and collaboration and to inspire and motivate employees
- Comprehensive business knowledge
- Strong project management experience with cross functional teams
- Superior relationship building skills
- Advocacy experience with pharmaceutical/ biotech, trade associations or patient advocacy organizations
Job posted: 2021-07-28