Director Global Vaccine Policy and Capabilities
The Global Vaccine Policy Director will be responsible for advancing vaccine policy and advocacy on behalf of Johnson & Johnson in international and emerging markets with an initial focus on Latin America and global forums such as APEC and others in Asia.
As an active member of a global and integrated vaccine policy team at Johnson & Johnson, this position will advance Johnson & Johnson’s policy priorities in international markets, leading special projects and high-profile forums such as APEC (Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation, Vaccine Taskforce) ensuring alignment and coordination of company positions across geographies.
A major component of this role will be advancing J&J’s vaccine policy priorities initially in Latina America, working in close integration with regional and local government affairs and policy teams as well as with the Janssen LATAM Organization and the Johnson & Johnson Global Public Health Organization (GPH).
This position will also help identify global gaps in capacity and expertise in vaccine policy and advocacy and support the development of programs to advance competency of the Government Affairs & Policy function, as well as other internal stakeholders, to enable effective engagement of the organization with this new and emerging company priority.
This is a global position that will have evolving responsibilities, as our business needs and vaccine policy structure evolves, hence the need to a versatile and expert professional that can play an evolving role in this exciting and new space for J&J.
Worldwide Government Affairs & Policy shapes the global policy environment so Johnson & Johnson can deliver innovative and sustainable solutions for patients and consumers and deliver measurable impact on our business objectives.
We’re guided by our global strategy, developed in close collaboration with the business segments and the enterprise. By anticipating shifts in political dynamics and government policies, we identify emerging external challenges and opportunities.
• Lead the policy function representation in Janssen LATAM launch teams and provide expert policy support for business strategy development.
• Serve as subject matter expert on LATAM Vaccine-relevant institutions and policies impacted by these institutions such as Pan-American Health Organization (PAHO) and immunization institutions of major countries in the region.
• Lead J&J representation in key external vaccine policy forums in Latin America (FIFARMA, Local Trade Associations, as needed).
• Drive J&J’s implementation of vaccine policy agenda at a regional level in Latin America.
• Support engagement of the regional commercial teams and the Global Public Health team and with regional vaccine stakeholders to facilitate access & implementation the Latin America.
• Lead special global projects and high-profile forums such as APEC (Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation, Vaccine Taskforce) ensuring alignment and coordination of company positions across geographies.
• Identify gaps in capacity and expertise in vaccine policy and advocacy and support the development of programs to advance competency of the Government Affairs & Policy function, as well as other internal stakeholders.
- BA Degree is required.
- MBA/Master’s in related field: Science, Health Policy, Public Health, Law or other relevant areas of specialization is preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in vaccines is required.
- Strong experience in policy is required.
- 5+ years’ experience working in the biopharmaceutical sector is required.
- Strong knowledge of vaccine and public health policies and immunization in the International Markets is required.
- Proven record in identifying policy trends affecting public and private health sector and advancing policy solutions.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to influence and effectively lead internal and external audiences to desired outcomes.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to identify strategic priorities, bring together different internal stakeholders, and deliver results.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and be able to manage up, down and across for results.
- Sound ethical judgement and integrity and an ability to build credible, effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Ability to manage numerous, competing priorities under pressure and effective collaborative working skills.
- Self-starter, self-motivated.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-14