Director Of GOP Government Affairs
About the job
PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ON APPLYING AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE. APPLICATIONS NOT FOLLOWING THIS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
At Humanity Forward, we recognize that this political moment represents an unprecedented opportunity to eradicate poverty in America through the bipartisan adoption of a Universal Basic Income (UBI). That is why we are building the first-ever bipartisan federal advocacy organization — to accelerate the passage of UBI during this critical time.
To achieve this mission, Humanity Forward is building on our successes to advance proven, popular, and bipartisan policy ideas — like stimulus checks, a monthly child tax credit, and other forms of direct cash relief. And we’re just getting started.
That is why we are now aggressively scaling our team. We are recruiting and building a diverse team of the best and brightest change-makers across our country. We’re building a team that is sharp, innovative, low-ego, mission-driven, and ready to take on one of the great challenges and opportunities of our time.
Humanity Forward (HF) is seeking a Director of GOP Governmental Affairs to join our Executive Team. This position will serve as the leader, manager, and primary strategist of HF’s GOP-side legislative campaigns. This role will focus on governmental affairs, stakeholder outreach, coalition-building, legislative strategy, and relationship cultivation on and off the Hill. It will also involve GOP-side press outreach, media relations, fundraising, and policy partnerships.
This position will spearhead two of HF’s legislative campaigns: (1) our campaign for a monthly, permanent child tax credit to lift up struggling families; and (2) our campaign for auto-stabilized recurring direct payments to help our economy recover now and in future economic crises.
- Work closely with the Government Affairs team to initiate, manage, and/or coordinate outreach to federal policymakers in the U.S. Congress and officials in the executive branch.
- Promote Humanity Forward’s legislative policy priorities and work product by developing effective and innovative dissemination strategies to administration officials, members of Congress, and staff.
- Ensure that the administration, Capitol Hill staff, and non-Capitol Hill staff view Humanity Forward as a resource when they consider the development of legislative language on issues surrounding direct cash relief and universal basic income.
- Actively identify and pursue opportunities to promote Humanity Forward’s issues and surrogates
- Work with relevant teams to produce, promote, and develop legislative and communication outreach strategies, often playing a project manager role.
- Keep internal staff updated on news and events related to Congress and the executive branch, and respond to requests for information from staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- At least 7-10 years of government affairs experience
- A deep understanding of the legislative & committee process in both the House and Senate
- Ability to work with numerous teams simultaneously and prioritize a large number of tasks.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for the policy goals of the organization.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, both independently and as part of a team, and to be innovative and creative.
- Proven ability to combine policy recommendations with appropriate communications and political dimensions.
- Bilingual or multilingual is a bonus but not required.
This position offers competitive compensation. Benefits include full health, dental and vision insurance, and flexible PTO. Applicants should be based in Washington DC. Diverse applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please fill in your application details in the link below.
Diversity is our biggest asset and necessary for organizational strength. It is a fundamental policy of Humanity Forward to provide equal opportunity of employment to all applicants, without regard to race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, ethnic identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, economic status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Job posted: 2021-05-29