Director, Government Affairs
The Dow Chemical Company is seeking a professional, preferably with a law degree, with [seven to ten] years of public policy experience to manage and implement the company’s federal policy advocacy efforts on economic issues (including tax, employer provided benefits, patents and intellectual property, labor).
- Lead Dow’s advocacy work, including the development of policy and political strategies, on U.S. federal economic issues, including tax, employer provided benefits, patent/intellectual property, labor
- Lobby Congress and the Administration on behalf of the Company
- Manage outside consulting firms to support the Company’s policy efforts on these issues
- Draft and manage the Company’s written work product related to these issues, including: comment letters, testimony, fact sheets and memos; requires an ability to understand and explain complex statutes, regulations and business transactions
- Track legislation through committee and floor action
- Track regulatory activities
- Help build coalitions in support of the Company’s federal priorities among third-party organizations and companies
- Assist in the Company’s state government affairs efforts on these issues, when needed
- Demonstrable legislative knowledge and policy experience in these issues
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a high degree of professionalism
- A minimum of [seven to ten years] combined working for a Member of Congress as a legislative assistant or higher position, or working similar issues for another company, trade association or a government affairs firm.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working for Members on the House Ways and Means Committee and/or the Senate Finance Committee is a plus.
DowDuPont (NYSE: DWDP) is a holding company comprised of The Dow Chemical Company and DuPont with the intent to form strong, independent, publicly traded companies in agriculture, materials science and specialty products sectors that will lead their respective industries through productive, science-based innovation to meet the needs of customers and help solve global challenges. For more information, please visit us at www.dow-dupont.com.
The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products, which are expected to separate from DowDuPont into stand-alone public companies. Information on the division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Dow is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at http://www.dow.com/en-us/contact-us, you may call us at 1+800-523-3945 and select Option 1, or send a facsimile request to 1+989-636-3674.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-15