Director, Government Affairs
- Requisition #: 181522
- Job Type: Full Time
- Location: San Francisco, CA
- Team: Marketing and Communications
- Pub Date: 6/7/18
Responsible for regulatory, franchising, political, and public policy matters for assigned geographic area. The geographic area is San Francisco, South San Francisco and Daly City. Develops and implements franchise negotiation strategies and local regulatory initiatives. Oversees corporate initiatives and community affairs activities. Has a thorough understanding of the political electoral system at the local, state, and national levels; monitors local regulatory and legislative activity and advises senior management on potential impact and necessary compliance actions.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
– Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
– Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
– Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
– Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas .
– Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
– Drive results and growth.
– Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
– Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
– Main point of contact for the California Region External Affairs team in assigned geographic area and is responsible for creating, establishing and maintaining relationships on behalf of the company with elected officials, business leaders and community influencers in those specific locations.
– Assists External Affairs team in maintaining overall budget.
– Develops, presents and leads company initiatives in assigned geographic area.
– Develops and implements strategy for government affairs and public policy issues for specific franchises as well as strategy for local regulatory initiatives. Secures and maintains franchise operating authority for the company.
– Develops and maintains relationships with government representatives and regulators at the local level. Travels to attend meetings, hearings, or other events to represent the company.
– Manages outside counsel, consultants, or lobbyists to implement strategies or initiatives.
– Maintains community affairs budget(s).
– Oversees programming related to corporate initiatives and community affairs activities.
– Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent -in-Communications, Public Relations, Business
– Generally requires 10+ years related experience
In Addition to the requirements above, the following educational achievements are highly preferred:
– Bachelors Degree in political science or related area; law degree preferred.
– 10+ years of public policy and/or political or related experience.
– Thorough understanding of the political electoral system at the local, state, and national levels.
– Experience monitoring local regulatory and legislative activity and advising senior management on potential impact and necessary compliance actions.
– Excellent communications and problem solving skills; demonstrated writing and public speaking skills necessary.
– Ability to work effectively with all levels of management, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with consistently high quality work product.
– Ability to formulate creative solutions to accomplish the company’s objectives.
– Ability to work well with a team and implement projects and duties individually as well as in a team environment.
– Experience interacting with regulatory, municipal and regulatory officials.
Job posted: 2018-07-14