Director, Government Affairs
- Continuing to expand ITI’s relationships within senior levels of the executive branch and relevant legislative branch offices; and
- Independently advancing ITI’s policy priorities through appropriate legislation and/or policy collateral; and
- Supporting ITI and its member companies in the sector’s political engagement.
- Building and support the participation, value, and effective functioning of key ITI policy issue areas with a specific focus on trade and high-skilled immigration issues.
- Identifying major policy issues that could affect the membership, and advance positions and strategies to effectively deal with them.
- Developing and enhancing strong working relationships with member companies and their Washington government affairs representatives.
- Broadening and deepening relations with the administration White House and Congress to win support for the industry, establish political connections, and execute on the industry’s specific policy issues.
- Serving as a spokesperson for ITI members and industry leader in building relationships with other organizations, constituencies, and coalitions whose interests coincide with those of ITI.
- Independently analyzing congressional and administration proposals and developing policy recommendations for member companies; drafting industry letters and other materials when appropriate.
- Organizing political and policy events with Congress and the administration pursuant to the association membership’s priorities.
- Preparing principals for congressional hearings, including drafting testimony and memoranda, talking points, and questions, as well as provide active support during hearings.
- BA/BS degree in political science, policy, business administration, or in a related field required. MS/MA or JD preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience serving as a legislative/policy aide in a Congressional office and/or relevant committee.
- A strong understanding of U.S. bilateral and multilateral trade policy issues, including key trade agreements and negotiations, digital trade (e.g., rules and policies impacting data flows, processing, and storage), technical barriers to trade, and goods and services market access.
- A foundational understanding of international trade policy issues within key ITI markets, including the European Union, China, and the Asia Pacific, India, and the Americas.
- An understanding of high-skilled immigration policy issues, including employer-based programs and non-immigrant visas.
- Well-respected and experienced professional with relevant relationships in the administration (White House) and Congress.
- The ability to effectively advocate on behalf of ITI member companies before the U.S. Congress and the administration on a range of tech policy issues as needed.
- Relevant experience with the ability to advocate on a range of ITI priorities before either Democrats or Republicans.
- Ability to work with ITI member companies to drive policy consensus and effectively represent ITI in formal meetings.
- Enthusiastic self-starter.
- Trusted team player with the demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced advocacy organization.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize competing priorities.
- Capability to learn public policy issues quickly, work independently and collaboratively on advocacy issues, and engage team members to facilitate successful results.
- Customer service-oriented possessing tact, diplomacy, good judgment and discretion, and professionalism.
- Exceptional commitment to accuracy, detail, and follow-up.
Please visit the job link for more details. If you are passionate about shaping the future of technology and believe you meet the requirements, submit a resume to the link.
Additional inquiries and questions can be emailed to Beth Cessna at email@example.com.
ITI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
About the Information Technology Industry Council
Originally founded in 1916 and globally headquartered in Washington, DC, the Information Technology Industry Council (ITI) is the premier advocacy and policy organization for the world’s leading innovation companies. ITI advocates for public policies that advance innovation, open markets, and enable the transformational economic, societal, and commercial opportunities that our companies are creating. ITI members represent the entire spectrum of technology from internet companies, to hardware and networking equipment manufacturers, to software developers. ITI’s diverse membership and expert staff provide a broad perspective and intelligent insight in confronting the implications and opportunities of policy activities around the world.
ITI is committed to attracting creative, talented, and energetic team members who represent the diverse communities that they advocate for. In addition to an open, friendly, and flexible work atmosphere, ITI offers employees a comprehensive health and benefits insurance package.
About Cessna & Associates, LLC
Cessna & Associates, LLC is a boutique HR consultancy partnering with mission driven, non-profit organizations. Our goal is to identify the best potential candidates that the market has to offer.
The Power of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Fuels Success
Cessna & Associates embraces and celebrates the strength that diversity brings to our organization. Just as we are deliberate in our own pursuit of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, our efforts support our clients’ DEI success. We drive every search with an unyielding focus to create an even playing field for all candidates and assess their ability to be “culture adds”, not merely “fits” for our clients. Our team builds and nurtures this rich tapestry of diversity for ourselves and for our clients.
Job posted: 2021-09-05