Director, Government Affairs
As the nation’s leading bottled water company, BlueTriton Brands provides customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
BlueTriton Brands consists of five business units: Corporate, Commercial, Supply Chain, Technical & Production and ReadyRefresh. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
When it comes to leading the industry with the highest standards in quality, BlueTriton Brands Corporate is a vital element of our success. As part of the Corporate team, this is something you’ll play a leading role in. Whether you’re based in Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Communications, Marketing or IT, you’ll be a force for good – someone who is trusted, empowered and supported to make a genuine, lasting impression on our organization. You’ll grow and develop as we do, sharing in the success your accomplishments bring. And, as you achieve great things and thrive within our Corporate team, you can be certain your contributions have a wide-reaching impact – on the lives of customers and colleagues alike. Simply put, it’s an opportunity to collaborate with some of the best talent in the industry on work that’s challenging, engaging, meaningful and never anything less than rewarding.
We are currently seeking a Director, Government Affairs to be located in Stamford, CT and report to the EVP, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary. The primary responsibilities will include executing the legislative and public policy engagement strategy for BlueTriton Brands.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify and monitor legislation and regulatory developments in the US and Canada markets. This includes leading all local, state and federal public policy strategies on issues related to source and facility siting and permitting, energy and natural resource management, product and packaging stewardship, health and nutrition, transportation, and workforce and economic development.
- Provide insights, updates, and potential business impact analysis of policy developments relevant to BTB to key stakeholders.
- Deliver verbal and written briefings and analyses on complex topics to a wide range of senior management and other internal stakeholders.
- Build relationships and work with a wide range of internal stakeholders (front line colleagues, compliance, legal, government affairs, finance, and partners in Regulatory Affairs function) in determining the Company’s views on proposals.
- Develop relationships with external stakeholders, including identifying and building relationships with regulators, constituents, peer companies, and trade & industry bodies.
- Assess, advise, coordinate and support communication and outreach in legislative forums on matters that engage the Company’s environmental and sustainability initiatives and corporate reputation.
Key qualifications include:
- 10+ years of Government Affairs experience, primarily in-house CPG.
- Proven success demonstrating sound judgement, business acuity, leadership skills.
- Experience providing counsel to business partners on legislative and public policy matters.
- Experience negotiating agreements with external consultants and managing external projects
- Experience collaborating and influencing effectively at all levels in the company (including EVP, VP, Director, Manager and Associate levels) with little to no supervision
- Comfortable managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 30% of time is preferred
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join BlueTriton Brands. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at BlueTriton Brands. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
BlueTriton Brands is the nation’s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, and Pure Life. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at BlueTriton Brands?
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.
BlueTriton Brands is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Disabled/Veteran.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-13