Director, Government Affairs
MoneyLion is America’s most powerful and rewarding financial membership, empowering people to take control of their finances to achieve their overall life goals.
Since its launch in 2013, MoneyLion has amassed more than 4 million members and has earned its customers’ trust with new banking and investment capabilities that offer a one-of-a-kind rewards program, no-fee checking account, overdraft protection, and loans funded in 15 seconds or less. From a single application platform, users can get a holistic snapshot of their entire financial lives while having access to personalized and contextualized tips and tools to improve their credit and achieve everyday savings.
By rewarding financial responsibility, providing top-notch customer assistance, and offering insightful financial education tips, we aim to positively impact our customers and enable them to better their financial health.
MoneyLion team members are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives. We work fast, collaborate always, and above all else, we do it for our customers.
About the Role
Under the direction of the General Counsel, the Director, Government Affairs plays a leading role in shaping and executing the organization’s policy and government affairs strategy. You will provide support and leadership in advancing the company’s public policy agenda by helping to design, implement, and coordinate the company’s strategic direction as it relates to outreach, messaging, and engagement with elected officials, government officials and their staff, industry associations, and other key third parties on specific, high priority initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of responsible decision making and success in a complex Government Affairs function within financial services, possessing a demonstrated and clear reputation for excellence and integrity in the government affairs community. You will promote a collaborative work environment with colleagues across MoneyLion’s business, including the executive team, business line owners, and legal and compliance leaders, helping them to leverage each other’s strengths and build and maintain a strong network of relationships with policymakers.
- Act as a trusted advisor to MoneyLion’s Executive team on all legislative and regulatory developments affecting the business
- Build and maintain relationships with elected officials at the state and federal level, along with key regulators, industry organizations, community leaders, advocacy groups, peer firms, and other key stakeholders
- Coordinate closely with cross-functional internal teams to design our internal and external narrative regarding policy matters.
- Ensure the company stays ahead of changes in legislation and regulations that impact our business, and work closely with and collaborate with the leadership team and other internal stakeholders
- Develop protocols for and manage communication to internal stakeholders regarding changes in laws, regulatory priorities, interests, political dynamics, and other ground-level intelligence that could affect our business.
- Develop legislative and regulatory advocacy strategies for the company’s public policy priorities at the state and federal levels.
- Assist in the establishment of corporate strategies, policies, and plans, which align with government laws, regulations, and standards.
- Lead analysis of proposed legislative actions and determine the potential impact on the organization and develop appropriate responses.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory activities to promote company market position
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD or Master’s degree in Policy Administration or related combination of experience and skills preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in policy and legislative affairs, public policy, government relations, and/or advocacy; consumer financial services experience preferred.
- Proven ability to personally cultivate and maintain relationships with government officials, advocates, and community leaders at the federal and state level; prior experience with financial regulators such as the CFPB, SEC, FINRA, and/or state financial regulators a plus.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, dependable team player, who thrives in high growth and fast-paced environments
- Ability to manage competing demands, shifting priorities, and the interests of multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive and collaborative, with a deep sense of personal accountability, ownership, and pride in your work
- Public company experience a plus
The individual can be located anywhere in the US.
MoneyLion is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-15