Director of Government Affairs
ID.me is simplifying how individuals securely prove and share their identity online. With their secure digital identity network, ID.me is doing for identity what Visa did for financial transactions. ID.me empowers people to fully control their own data through a portable and trusted login so they don’t need to create a new password at each site they visit.
The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated a massive digital migration for many critical services. These services require a trusted identity to ensure an individual is who they claim to be while keeping out fraud. Identity verification that serves only one organization is costly and time-intensive. Separate passwords for each application add to consumer frustration. With ID.me, login and identity credentials move with an individual so they only need to verify once.
ID.me is a federally-certified identity provider at the highest standards NIST has set for consumer identity verification and login. ID.me is one of only four companies in the United States of America certified by the federal government to bind a legal identity to a digital login.
In addition to providing individuals with complete control over their credentials and data, the company has a “No Identity Left Behind” initiative to expand access and inclusion for all individuals through a video chat verification process. ID.me is passionate about building a robust identity network that does not compromise access for hard-to-identify groups.
ID.me is looking for a results-oriented sales leader to join our team as the Director of Government Affairs. This position will report directly to our GM of Public Sector Sales and will be responsible for representing the company’s interests within key federal, state and local agencies.
This role will span from exercising thought leadership by advocating for future policy frameworks to diving deep into detailed regulatory affairs and rules. We are looking for someone who can promote adoption and identify business leads by proactively finding and partnering with relevant stakeholders.
- Establish ID.me’s government affairs practice by implementing a government relations strategic plan for legislative and regulatory issues at the international, federal, state and local levels
- Devise, participate in and provide support for strategic state and federal lobbying initiatives.
- Research, monitor, track and analyze current and proposed state and federal legislation, regulations and policies
- Lead the Government Affairs & Advocacy Team within the Public Affairs Department
- Design plans for government outreach and thought leadership through the gathering of intelligence and preparation of position papers, policy briefings, presentations, and other materials related to government actions
- Develop legislative and regulatory agendas on a wide range of policy issues, including identity, privacy, cybersecurity and cloud-based software
- Monitor, anticipate, and understand state and federal legislative and regulatory policy activities to develop recommendations and prepare communications for the CEO, Board, executive leadership, and senior management to strategically shape our positions, advocacy, and response
- Support internal stakeholders including GM, CEO, Board, executive leadership, and senior management to appropriately engage government officials and support policy initiatives
- Advocate before government officials, policy makers and their staff
- Manage ID.me’s involvement with external consultants and other companies
- Bachelor’s degree and strong academic credentials
- 10+ years of relevant experience with government affairs, public policy, or government relations in both the public and private sector (technology/software sector strongly preferred)
- Experience in developing and implementing a government affairs program
- A comprehensive understanding of the operation of the federal government and U.S. state and local policy making process
- Demonstrated experience working directly with senior executives and government officials, including advocating before Congress and/or the Executive Branch on behalf of corporations, trades associations, or any other interest group
- Established ability to build and sustain relationships with government officials
- The ability to plan and implement a political advocacy effort and persuasively communicate and advocate for company positions and policies through the legislative process
- A demonstrated expertise with technology industry/privacy/software/cybersecurity policy issues
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills
Note that candidates must be located in the continental U.S.
ID.me Covid Vaccination Requirement
All current and future employees are required to receive their COVID-19 vaccinations, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. Employees not in compliance with this policy will be placed on leave and will be terminated if no valid reason for not getting the COVID-19 vaccine is provided.
Purpose: In accordance with ID.me’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, we are adopting this policy to safeguard the health of our employees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community at large from COVID-19 that may be reduced by vaccinations. This policy will comply with all applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, as applicable.
Reasonable Accommodation: Current and future employees in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief must submit a completed Request for Accommodation form to the human resources department to begin the interactive accommodation process as soon as possible after vaccination deadlines have been announced (September 13th) and an offer of employment has been made. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause ID.me undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Vision: To be the world’s leading digital identity network empowering people to control their own information and to prove their credentials across all channels: online, call center, and in-person.
Mission: To make the world a more trusted place by delivering the highest level of security with the least amount of friction at the lowest possible cost.
People: We have an audacious mission. We aim to fix the identity layer of the internet. Billions of people will live better lives with more trust and convenience thanks to ID.me. We are like Special Forces. We take on the most difficult challenges with amazing teammates.
ID.me Core Values: *Don’t be a jerk. *Always compete. *Ask questions like a 5-year old. *Inspire people with your passion. *Make something better every day. *Treat each customer like your favorite family member. *Own your mistakes so you can learn from them. *Details are everything. *Communicate like a scientist. *Be truthful (even when it’s hard). *Reflect ID.me‘s values in your actions. *Act like an owner.
ID.me Career Site & Culture Deck: https://www.id.me/careers
Job posted: 2021-09-20