Director, Government Affairs
Join our dynamic team to achieve our vision of harnessing greenhouse gas as a resource to create biomaterials at global scale helping to solve plastics pollution and climate change. You will direct CA Government Affairs, including legislative and political strategy and help craft policy positions. Salary DOE.
The Director for Government Affairs is responsible for interacting with state regulatory and legislative bodies to proliferate the adoption of natural biomaterials and to represent and protect the company’s business plans and interests.
- Manage an external team of advisors and regulatory professionals to strategize and advocate for the availability and adoption of natural biomaterials.
- Research and monitor government activities that could affect the company’s business and customers.
- Assists senior management and leadership with strategic planning for known and potential legislative and regulatory activities related to the business and industry.
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with members of state. government entities and agencies.
- Joins trade associations and industry committees and seeks leadership roles.
- Collaborates with industry advocates to build areas of common interest.
- Introduces legislative and public policy changes that will support company operations.
- Partner with Legal and Marketing to quickly handle and resolve critical and time-sensitive challenges.
- Lead cross-functionally to ensure that all current and future legislative and regulatory requirements are being adequately prepared for and executed upon within necessary time frames.
- Knowledge of current and emerging public policy trends relating to natural materials and polymers.
- Develop and iterate on content policies to ensure regulatory preparedness and mitigate business risk.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Strong government contacts.
- Experience with and a strong understanding of the CA legislative process.
- Experienced CA Government Affairs professional with knowledge of CA political systems.
- Strong preference for knowledge, skill, and abilities related to recycling, biomaterials, composting, and plastics policies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Political Science, Public Relations, or related field required; Graduate degree preferred.
- Ten years of experience in advocacy or public policy required.
Newlight Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, status as a Veteran or other protected classification.
Individuals can send their resumes to email@example.com for any position advertised.
Job posted: 2021-09-20