Director of Government Affairs
Director of Government Affairs
Legal | San Francisco, CA or Remote – US
This position is not eligible for employment in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia and Wyoming.
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agreeable for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
The Legal team helps DocuSign achieve strategic goals, manage legal risk, and preserve the legal and ethical integrity of the company. We are regularly involved in critical, complex operations, and partner across the business to solve challenging problems to support our growth and progress globally. We focus on providing thorough analysis and offer legal advice to foster sound decision-making and ensuring compliance with legal and other relevant standards and certifications.
As Director of Government Affairs, you will lead the development and execution of influence campaigns that result in federal and state outcomes that benefit the company. Closely collaborating with the sales team, you will build a roadmap with internal and external stakeholders to achieve objectives. You will also monitor and report on relevant federal and state regulatory activity that impacts the business.
We are looking for a high performer who is adaptable, loves to learn and operates with a high degree of integrity. You thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and love taking on a new challenge. You support the business by thinking outside of the box while always protecting DocuSign and its trust brand. You are passionate about technology and its impact on our profession and world. You are a self-starter who would be a great fit for our hard-working, experienced, and fun team.
This position is an individual contributor reporting to the Head of Global Government Affairs and is designated Flex.
- Drive and coordinate external advocacy efforts with regulatory agencies in support of DocuSign’s strategic business objectives
- Lead engagements with trade associations and coalitions to drive policy outcomes
- Monitor, research, track and analyze federal and state regulations that impact the utilization of electronic signatures and digital agreement software
- Draft materials to educate policymakers on key DocuSign priorities
- Partner with the regulatory compliance team by leading on relevant federal and state regulatory activity that impacts the business
- Facilitate collaborative alliances between DocuSign and key partners, including policymakers, industry associations, and coalition partners
- Lead cross-functional efforts with DocuSign’s internal teams to ensure alignment between core business priorities and regulatory goals
- Manage and direct outside consultants
- A minimum of 12 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Extensive experience working in federal or state government agency
- Extensive experience working in policy/government affairs
- Record of business-focused decision making and counseling
- Law Degree
- Background in policies impacting digital transformation in the banking, real estate and/or financial services domains a plus
- High attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to build strong relationships quickly and interact with all levels of the business with ease
- Great judgment, attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated teaming ability to work well with, influence, and inform diverse groups, including peers and business partners
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and the highest level of integrity and business ethics
- General understanding of cloud and software industries, including SaaS model
- Team attitude that no job is too big or too small
Based on Colorado law, the following details are for Colorado individuals only: Colorado base salary range: $133,000 – $165,200 and eligible for bonus, equity and benefits.
DocuSign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, over a million customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives. And we help save the world’s forests and embrace environmental sustainability.
It’s important to us that we build a talented team that is as diverse as our customers and where all employees feel a deep sense of belonging and thrive. We encourage great talent who bring a range of perspectives to apply for our open positions. DocuSign is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes hiring decisions based on experience, skill, aptitude and a can-do approach. We will not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.
DocuSign provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in job application procedures, including if you have any difficulty using our online system. If you need such an accommodation, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-12