Director of Government Affairs
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering, geospatial and strategic consulting firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and industry expert knowledge to solve our client needs. Woolpert has been certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work® again in 2020. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. We look to add exceptional people and are seeking a Director of Government Affairs in the Washington, DC metro area.
The Director of Government Affairs will be responsible for building and maintaining key relationships with Congressional staff as well as key geospatial, transportation, infrastructure, and defense committees. The Director of Government Affairs will operate as Woolpert’s representative for all congressional delegation and affairs.
Essential Job Functions
- The primary focus of this job will be in Washington, DC.
- Build and establish relationships with key Congressional member, staff and committee staff.
- Build and establish relationships with key geospatial, transportation, infrastructure and defense committees.
- Represent the company before the relevant congressional delegation to Woolpert plan and tactical goals.
- Support then lead a congressional strategy for geospatial, transportation, infrastructure and defense projects.
- Engage, educate and provide regular update to agencies on matters of relevant to AEG industry.
- Represent Woolpert while serving on community and industry boards and committees.
- Participate in civic and community organizations whose mission aligns with Woolpert.
- Manage political affairs on behalf of Woolpert, including relevant electoral support.
- Leveraging PAC contributions, develop budgets for federal, state and local candidates for political office and managing distribution of contributions.
Primary Sectors of Focus:
- United States Congress – House and Senate
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- 15-20 years of experience working as a member of a Federal Government committee or as a Federal staff member OR 15-20 years of experience working in congressional engagement within a similar industry.
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills.
- Ability to travel as necessary by client and work engagement requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-12