Director, Government Affairs
WHO WE ARE
Develops and implements strategy for government affairs and public policy issues for the assigned geographic area of the Central Valley and North Santa Barbara County. Responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive legislative strategies, including: monitoring legislation, public policy advocacy, outreach campaigns, coalition building and local charitable giving. Works in cross-functional manner with External Affairs team and internal lines of business to drive strategies, engagement, and measure outcomes.Job Description
- Develops and implements strategy for government affairs and public policy issues for assigned Central Valley and North Santa Barbara County.
- Develops and implements comprehensive local legislative strategies; monitoring legislation, public policy advocacy, outreach campaigns, coalition building and local charitable giving.
- Supports and executes at local government representatives and travels
- Oversees programming related to corporate initiatives
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Partners with External Affairs team to dive strategies, engagement and measure outcomes
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-02