Director of Government Affairs
The National Health Council (NHC) is seeking a Director of Government Affairs. This position will be involved in all aspects of the NHC’s public policy, legislative, and regulatory agendas under the supervision of the Vice President of Policy and Government Affairs.
- Minimum 5 years of combined Capitol Hill, Executive Branch, government relations, and/or public policy experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with health care policy.
- Experience drafting and/or analyzing health care legislation and/or regulation.
- Superior interpersonal, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and resource management skills, including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple, simultaneous priorities.
- Ability to register as a federal lobbyist.
- Bachelor’s degree at a minimum.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly monitor and analyze health care-related legislation and regulation. Issues may include, but are not limited to, Affordable Care Act, FDA user fee implementation, health care payment and delivery models, health care and drug costs and prices, value assessment, health care quality measurement and programs, and 21st Century Cures implementation.
- Draft advocacy materials such as comment letters, position statements, talking points, and blog posts.
- Conduct regular meetings of NHC member-organization working groups to discuss policy issues and develop advocacy strategies.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Congressional offices and/or federal agencies such as CMS, FDA, and NIH.
- Develop and implement tactical plans derived from Board-developed advocacy goals.
- Represent the NHC at external stakeholder meetings.
- Assist department colleagues with programmatic initiatives as needed.
- Assist in planning of the annual Washington Representatives Retreat, the policy department’s flagship member event.
No phone calls, please.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-02-26