Director of Government Affairs
Part commercial enterprise, part revolutionary movement, Einride is creating a zero-emission transportation system, based on autonomous, all-electric vehicles, coordinated by an intelligent routing software — making the journey from A to B as efficient as possible.
The U.S. Government Affairs team coordinates with relevant internal teams to develop strategic policy priorities and execute advocacy strategies. Our team advises the company on policy implications to current and future Einride operations, products and solutions. We serve as Einride’s liaison to policymakers at all levels of government. We are a dynamic team that focuses on creative thinking, strategic execution, and pragmatic solutions. We are committed to cross-functional collaborations across our company globally to ensure we deliver results that support Einride and our customers as a whole. We are looking for someone to serve as our lead for U.S. federal and state government affairs. You will collaborate closely with team members from Legal, Marketing, Commercial, Solution Architecture, and Operations to ensure we deliver great customer value. We’re looking for a self-starter who is highly motivated and organized, and who enjoys multi-tasking and work autonomy.
You will be one of the first hires to the Government Affairs team as part of our newly launched Einride U.S. entity and will help shape our products in North America going forward. Region Americas is a newly established business area with a small core team today, predicted to grow significantly in 2021 alone. As one of the first members of the team, you will have a unique opportunity to leave your mark on our growth journey and contribute directly to transforming the heavy-duty transportation industry in becoming electric and autonomous. You will be joining a top talent team of ambitious, creative, kind-hearted people who challenge conventional thinking, think big, and aim for zero emissions.
- You have at least 8 years of relevant experience in transport, mobility, automotive, logistics, or a similar industry.
- A keen working understanding of U.S. federal and state policy making and government relations.
- Experience issue spotting, researching, and identifying complex policy issues and opportunities, and writing recommendations for future policy considerations.
- Strong understanding of the policy issues important to Einride and the broader self-driving industry including technology, telecommunications, transportation, labor, sustainability and others.
- Demonstrated work experience with companies, consultancies, trade associations, government agencies, or equivalent organizations.
- Ability to think creatively, act strategically, and deliver quick results on multiple projects.
- Strong leadership skills and experience from growing teams.
- Team player with a true passion for delivering outstanding customer satisfaction together with your colleagues.
- Solid experience in partnering effectively with all types of teams and levels of professionals, both in terms of colleagues as well as customers.
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- You are an independent, hands-on problem solver at different levels that take clear ownership of tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage Einride’s engagement with all U.S. federal and state institutions and maintain strong relationships with them.
- Develop and execute, with Legal, marketing, and necessary outside consultants, all necessary regulatory permissions, voluntary filings, and permits for autonomous vehicles in the U.S.
- Represent Einride in external policymaker settings and serve as the main source of truth for U.S. policy and political matters internally.
- Develop and advocate for policies that support the growth and public acceptance of autonomous vehicles, electric vehicles, and other emerging businesses.
- Develop briefings and recommendations regarding pending legislation and government developments.
- Work closely with colleagues to ensure alignment on messaging and strategy.
- Be part of building up local organization and ramping up operational capability.
- Work closely with global team on shared learnings and continuous improvements.
- Wear many hats and work cross-functionally, establishing relationships across all areas of the business.
Bachelor’s degree within relevant field.
If you are driven by the ability to make a huge impact and reduce global greenhouse emissions, we’d love to hear from you. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
At Einride, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more capable, innovative, and competitive company. We welcome people who represent diversity in their backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Einride is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to reach our company’s full potential by cultivating an inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Job posted: 2021-11-07