Director of Government Affairs
J.A. Green & Company, named a top-performing lobbying firm by Bloomberg Government and The Hill, is seeking a full-time Director of Government Affairs. Our clients range from major defense contractors to big and small suppliers in the defense industrial base.
The Director of Government Affairs will be a key player on a team of government relations professionals. The Director will be responsible for forging and maintaining relationships with members of Congress and selected agency officials. They will interpret, recommend, and execute client priorities by providing expert analysis on legislation and regulations.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment. This is a highly competitive position with exceptional pay and benefits; government relations or Capitol Hill experience is required.
- Identify and track legislation and regulations that impact client priorities.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to meet client goals.
- Manage day-to-day interactions with clients.
- Compose, edit, and transmit advocacy documents such as issue summaries, white papers, op-eds, and policy alerts.
- Recommend and attend meetings and communication opportunities with Congress and selected agency officials.
- Support the firm with business development efforts.
- B.S. or B.A. required; advanced degree preferred (J.D. or Masters in related field).
- 5 years of relevant experience; experience as a Military Legislative Assistant or Professional Staff Member on Capitol Hill preferred.
- Detail-oriented, analytical thinker, and self-starter.
- Advanced writing experience is required.
- Excellent communicator with stellar verbal skills who can advocate on behalf of clients and influence elected officials.
- Possess an understanding of the Defense authorization and appropriations process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Halle@jagreenco.com. Competitive applicants may be tasked with a writing project during the interview process.
Job posted: 2021-11-16