Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Government Affairs
Who we are
Who We’re Looking For
Toyota’s Government Affairs Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Director, Government Affairs.
The primary responsibility of this role is to represent Toyota North America before the federal government on issues related to financial services.
Reporting to the, Vice President of Government Affairs, the person in this role will support the Government Affairs department’s objective to represent Toyota’s interests before the U.S. government.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Monitor House Financial Services Committee and Senate Banking Committee for legislation impacting auto financing. Work with internal Toyota subject matter experts to develop company positions on pending legislation that could impact the company. Develop issues papers, Congressional talking points and legislative counter measures.
• Represent the company at relevant trade associations including the American Financial Services Association, National Association of Industrial Banks, and the Secured Finance Association. Participate in each organizations’ federal affairs committee; work with internal company subject matter experts to develop policy goals and legislative strategies.
• Develop strong relationships with stakeholders on key committees and with Members of Congress representing Toyota facilities. Serve as a liaison between these stakeholders and the company, updating them on new company innovations, economic investments and assisting with any relevant Congressional inquiries e.g. Congressional casework and requests for issue briefings.
What You Bring
• Established network of Congressional and Executive branch contacts
• Expertise in financial services issues
• Experience in the field of Government Affairs
Added Bonus If You Have
• Experience in both the House and Senate
• Previous senior management position – Chief of Staff or Committee Staff Director.
What We’ll Bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
• A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
• Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
• Vehicle purchase & lease programs
• Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
• Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
• Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
• Paid holidays and paid time off
• Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
• Flexible spending accounts
• Relocation assistance (if applicable)
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time
Belonging at Toyota
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com or send an email to TalentLinkAdmin@toyota.com.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-30