Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Government Affairs
Associations Mission: To lead the government affairs team and position the largest statewide association in the country of community clinics and health centers through advocacy, education, and services to improve the health of their patients and communities.
About: California Primary Care Association (CPCA) is a mission driven membership association of community clinics and health centers that are committed to providing patient-led, community-based, comprehensive, high-quality care for over 7 million Californians.
Purpose of Position: This is an exciting opportunity to lead CPCAs government affairs team and advance policy, legislation, and regulatory priorities at the state and federal level, as well as position CPCA and community clinics and health centers (CCHCs) as integral to Californias healthcare delivery system. This position will build and maintain professional relationships, build coalitions, and collaborate with other health care advocates.
- Lead the Government Affairs Team by setting direction for, managing, and ensuring that the teams work is timely, effective, and impactful.
- Develop and implement an advocacy, grassroots, and political strategy for CPCA on behalf of our membership to enhance CPCAs legislative influence.
- In coordination with CPCA executive leadership, the Board of Directors, and members, develop, manage and work to enact CPCAs policy and legislative agenda.
- Serve as lead advocate and representative on state legislative and budget priorities on behalf of community clinics and health centers.
- Oversight and management of CPCAs internal legislative activities including bill prioritization, identification of CPCA sponsored legislation and securing members to testify before key legislative committees.
- Provide oversight for CPCAs Day at the Capitol event, the Associations state lobby day.
- Establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with policy makers, legislators and key stakeholders.
- Supervise assigned staff. Supervision includes workload coordination, professional development, team building, conducting evaluations, disciplinary actions and assistance in hiring new staff.
- Develop policy reports, analyses, and updates to CPCA membership and provide testimony before regulatory and legislative bodies when needed.
- Oversee staff support to the CPCAs committees.
- Maintain and develop organizational culture, values and reputation with staff, members and partners
<h1>Responsibilities & Skills: </h1>
- Adhere to the Association policies and procedures.
- Participate in Association events and represent the Association as requested.
- Knowledge and experience developing and implementing a lobbying strategy
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for solving health care access for underserved communities
- Knowledge or experience in health care policy and finance
- Meaningful knowledge and understanding of Californias legislative, budget and regulatory process
- Meaningful government contacts at state levels
- Leadership and management skills
- Excellent time management, verbal, written and analytical skills
- Strategic advocacy and coalition building skills
- Political knowledge and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft suite or related software/applications
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree required. A minimum of five years of meaningful legislative experience required, including lobbying, legislative staff experience, legislative analysis and/or legislative advocacy. Health care experience preferred.
Application Requirements: As part of your cover letter please include a paragraph on the following – <i>CPCA is an antiracist organization, and as such, recognizes the importance of creating safe space to consider how privilege impacts our work. Can you identify for us how privilege has impacted your professional journey?</i>
This position is based in Sacramento. All hires are required to maintain residence in California.
Diversity & Inclusion: <i>CPCAs diverse workforce strives to represent California’s diverse population including capabilities, culture, language, experience, and socio-economic background, while also meeting the highest standards and qualifications of our industry.</i>
Learn more here
Powered by JazzHR
Job posted: 2022-07-09