Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Government Affairs
Through our dedicated associates, Conduent delivers mission-critical services and solutions on behalf of Fortune 100 companies and over 500 governments – creating exceptional outcomes for our clients and the millions of people who count on them.
You have an opportunity to personally thrive, make a difference and be part of a culture where individuality is noticed and valued every day.
The Director, Government Affairs is a government affairs professional with at least 5 years of experience working in government and/or engaging in advocacy before government officials. Strategic thinking, a reasoned approach toward tactics, and strong communications skills are critical for this position. This Director will play an important role in a well-respected government affairs team and will report directly to the Global Head of Government Affairs.
The Government Affairs team works with leaders across many groups within Conduent. This team is built upon four guiding principles: providing excellent, timely, and action-oriented internal client service to our colleagues; producing the highest quality work; protecting Conduent; and understanding the big picture. Embracing these principles is a necessary element to succeed in the position. Doing the right thing and leading others to do the right thing also are critical attributes.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Formulating Government Affairs strategies and tactical plans
- Closely collaborating with business owners and Legal Department colleagues
- Overseeing lobbyists, consultants, and outside counsel
- Building relationships with government leaders
- Supporting Conduent’s political action committee and foundation
- Participating in the creation of public relations strategies
- Communicating to senior leadership on Government Affairs activities
- 5+ years of public policy, legal, and/or government affairs experience
- Demonstrated track record of strategic thinking and effective collaboration with government stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ideally this individual will be in/near the state capitol of one of the following states: CA, FL, GA, NC, OH, NJ, NY, PA, SC, TX
- BA or BS required
- Experience in government healthcare, human services, government contracting, technology, and/or transportation is a plus
At least 5 years of public policy, legal, and/or government affairs experience
- Skilled collaborative leader
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to develop and diplomatically manage relationships with government officials
- Embrace learning about new technologies and offerings and adapting to evolving challenges
- Mastery of “to do list” management, from prioritization to ensuring responsibilities are not missed
- Ability to effectively present information (orally and in writing) to all levels of an organization
- High sense of urgency while maintaining the highest quality of work
- At least 5 years of experience in a public policy, legal, and/or government relations role
- Demonstrated understanding of how to communicate effectively with varied stakeholders
- Political and business acumen
- Experience tackling complex and/or sensitive public sector issues
- Skilled in building relationships with government officials
At Conduent, we take pride in the individual uniqueness of our employees and continue to strive to make our company a great place to work. So, we embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, which we believe benefits not only the clients we serve, but each other.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law.
People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form. You may also click here to access Conduent’s ADAAA Accommodation Policy.
At Conduent, we value the health and safety of our associates, their families and our community. Under our current protocols, we do not require vaccination against COVID for most of our US jobs, but may require you to provide your COVID vaccination status, where legally permissible.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-25