Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Government Affairs
This position is responsible for assisting the Vice President of Government Relations with the development and implementation of legislative, regulatory, and policy activities and social welfare/community benefit advocacy activities at the federal, state and local level designed to advance AltaMed’s mission and the priorities of the Department of Government Relations’ strategic goals and objectives. This position will also support the company’s civic engagement priorities.
- In conjunction with Department leadership, develop govern affairs strategies and activities that support and further the goals of the Department of Government Relations.
- Organize and execute public policy forums, key stakeholder and legislative convening’s and other civic engagement activities to inform the community of issues of importance to AltaMed.
- Assist with identifying and developing concepts for proposal opportunities for community and grant support for Department of Government Relations activities.
- Enhance the overall professional visibility for the Department of Government Relations and AltaMed Health Services Corporation with all stakeholders.
- In conjunction with Department leadership, enhance legislative, regulatory and community partner relationships to engage and elicit support for AltaMed policy, legislative and business related initiatives.
- Closely track, monitor and report on the impact of local, state and national policy issues and make recommendations for AltaMed’s leadership and engagement.
- Develop legislative and regulatory tracking processes.
- Monitors legislative and regulatory activities, leads analysis of proposed actions and determines the potential impact on the organization to include company positions, as needed.
- Attend Coalition/Association meetings and work collaboratively with trade organizations
- Serve as liaison with trade associations, and track and coordinate the participation of AltaMed leaders on various committees of impact and importance to AltaMed.
- Interface and maintain visibility with key City, County, State and Federal Legislators/Officials and staff members with respect to legislation of impact to AltaMed, our patients, and underserved populations.
- Create communications as needed and as assigned including letters to legislators, assistance with written testimony and client vignettes, internal companywide communications including newsletters, and legislative and regulatory updates.
- Testify before Legislative and regulatory bodies as assigned.
- Attend Legislative conferences or public forums that have direct or indirect implications to AltaMed.
- Will have direct supervision of Government Relations staff.
- Provide support the Executive Director of the AltaMed Action fund’s advocacy on support eliminating health disparities campaign.
- Initiate and advance call to action campaigns.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Public Relations, Communications, Government Affairs, Political Science, Public Health or related area; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in working with government agencies, advocacy and community organizations.
- Must have at least ten years of experience in health/public policy or related field, specifically dealing with California and federal legislative issues.
- Working knowledge of legislative, regulatory and political processes at local, state and federal levels.
- Must have a minimum of five years of prior supervisorial or managerial experience.
- Extensive proven experience working with government agencies and legislators in California.
- Experience implementing large scale advocacy platforms.
- Experience working with trade associations at the local, state and federal level.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-20